Covid-19: If you can't field a team for a game this season, result will probably be a forfeit

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Re: Covid-19: If you can't field a team for a game this season, result will probably be a forfeit

Post by charlestonalum »

Also announced today 6 SEC teams have at least 80% of players vaccinated. I bet it soon becomes all. It is a competitive advantage.

MikenNashville
Captain

Re: Covid-19: If you can't field a team for a game this season, result will probably be a forfeit

Post by MikenNashville »

charlestonalum wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:57 pm Also announced today 6 SEC teams have at least 80% of players vaccinated. I bet it soon becomes all. It is a competitive advantage.
Yeah I can’t imagine Nick Saban allowing vaccinations to be a weakness he would allow to determine the outcome of a football game.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

MikenNashville wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:51 pm
charlestonalum wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:57 pm Also announced today 6 SEC teams have at least 80% of players vaccinated. I bet it soon becomes all. It is a competitive advantage.
Yeah I can’t imagine Nick Saban allowing vaccinations to be a weakness he would allow to determine the outcome of a football game.
Nor any other coach or AD.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

PREMIUM, Subscriber-only column by the great Geoff Caulkins in the Daily Memphian. I don't have a subscription (maybe some Memphis Vandymaniacs do?) but the tweet is free and interesting:

https://twitter.com/geoff_calkins/statu ... 4554537987

From the tweet:
"If SEC teams have outbreaks because they are not vaccinated, I’m rooting for forfeits. And Vandy! Roll up your sleeves and Anchor Down.
"The only thing SEC states do better than football is ignorance. Why you should be rooting for forfeits -- and fully vaccinated Vanderbilt..."
Last edited by FayetteDore on Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

charlestonalum wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:16 am
Well, maybe NC State's baseball coach.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Beano Cook's vision may come true.
MikenNashville
Captain

Post by MikenNashville »

commadore wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:16 am
charlestonalum wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:16 am

Well, maybe NC State's baseball coach.
If I had to pick out of the 14 SEC head football coaches the only one I think might be dumb enough to follow the NC State baseball coach’s example would be Orgeron
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

The SIAC Conference announced today that all athletes, cheerleaders, and band members must be vaccinated in order to participate. They have teams in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina. I guess a bunch of Tennesseans are going to jail according to some of you.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

University of Alabama announced tonight that all unvaccinated students must wear a mask at all times while on campus and must social distance while in a university building.

Seems like Tennessee universities could do this without violating the new Tennessee law.
Locked Previous topicNext topic