Hustler story on current recruiting class

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Hustler story on current recruiting class

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

This is a good summary of the commitments received thus far:

https://vanderbilthustler.com/41224/fea ... -momentum/

alathIN
Rear Admiral

Re: Hustler story on current recruiting class

Post by alathIN »

Long time Vanderbilt fans will no doubt be thinking this sounds good but we need more 4 and 5 star types. Which, of course.
But the bridge to that is probably a lot of well-chosen 3 stars who get coached up and thrive in a good culture and good system.
I am optimistic that the Barton Simmons connection will mean more home run 3 stars and fewer strikeout 3 stars.
Lynchsr
Captain

Post by Lynchsr »

Biggest take away for me is that Vanderbilt is currently winning more than losing the recruiting battles against mid tier Power 5 conference schools. As opposed to the Group of 5 conference schools we had competed against.

I also anticipate the fall evaluation of some of these players may push 1-2 of them to 4 stars. Getting the commitment now is great, getting the signature on NSD is the key as other school won’t stop recruiting these gentlemen as they continue to develop. Especially with a more normal season.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

Lynchsr wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:45 am Getting the commitment now is great, getting the signature on NSD is the key as other school won’t stop recruiting these gentlemen as they continue to develop. Especially with a more normal season.
Agree... and one key to signing is what the team looks like this Fall. I do not expect lots of wins particularly SEC wins. But winning some OOC games, and even more important, an overall sense that the program is coherent and moving the right direction. There is a difference between getting outplayed by superior talent versus looking so clueless you would still lose even with superior talent.
Too much of the latter will make it easier for the bad guys to flip recruits.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

I think just getting here and having a late start the class looks good with some guys that could be 4's.....after being here and getting a jump on the following year's class may produce even a higher rated class!! Doing great so far.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

CCL and his staff are working hard and have a plan. On the other hand, there was a candidate for the job who has the #108 recruiting class in the nation from what I heard. That makes me REALLY glad CCL was selected as the man for the job.
Locked Previous topicNext topic