Tonight's Scrimmage

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Seadog73
Admiral

Tonight's Scrimmage

Post by Seadog73 »

So, if any of you fellow VandyManiac's went, and they did not make you sign a confidentiality and non-disclosure Agreement on admission, how about letting those of us who could no be there Know what was seen?

Versus75
Admiral

Re: Tonight's Scrimmage

Post by Versus75 »

Were more Vanderbilt fans in attendance at the football scrimmage or the baseball game?
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Based on what I have seen on VUCommodores.com, I would guess more were at Hawkins that at the Dud. But to CCL's credit, he worked the few who were there and thanked them for coming.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

I think he realizes he has a monumental task. And i think he's up to it. CDD is the first since EGG to support athletics (we saw how shallow Zeppos' "support" was). Before that? You have to go before Heard, maybe before Branscomb. So it had been a while.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Here's a report on the scrimmage from the Hustler...

https://vanderbilthustler.com/39862/fea ... y-evening/
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

Go Vandy! wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:21 pm I think he realizes he has a monumental task. And i think he's up to it. CDD is the first since EGG to support athletics (we saw how shallow Zeppos' "support" was). Before that? You have to go before Heard, maybe before Branscomb. So it had been a while.
Agree. Zeppos was all smoke. CDD is the real deal. Don't forget we have ADCSL, who i believe will be the best AD we have ever have and maybe by a mile. And Clark Lea does have a mountain to climb, he was dealt a dumpster fire, but given time I think he can absolutely do it. I love it that our athletic department bigwigs FINALLY have skin in the game and something to prove, something that we have never had before.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

For those who attended, what did our offense look like? Was it a spread with air raid tendencies?

I have a nagging and sick feeling our offense is similar to what we ran in 2019 and prior years.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

BrentVU wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:42 pm Here's a report on the scrimmage from the Hustler...

https://vanderbilthustler.com/39862/fea ... y-evening/
Encouraging report. I like hearing that the offense put together a nice two minute drill at the end and Seals connected on a long TD. Its always hard to know just how good you are from a scrimmage, but you always want to see both sides making big plays.
Locked Previous topicNext topic