Site plan for new facilities leaked

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DS2001
Rear Admiral

Re: Site plan for new facilities leaked

Post by DS2001 »

The Missouri endzone facility looks really nice and takes advantage of the available space with premium seating, boxes and a deck.

3rdFloorDyer
Captain

Post by 3rdFloorDyer »

Dsdore wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:32 pm Where can you find the upgrade renderings being discussed?
Try 14powers.com; but be careful - there are some strange folks posting there. ;)
vujoe
Vice Admiral

Post by vujoe »

All you guys stop with the speculations. Professionals are designing this. Not some bozo with no imagination!
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

vujoe wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:15 pm All you guys stop with the speculations. Professionals are designing this. Not some bozo with no imagination!
Darnit! For a minute there I thought it may not be too late for me to put in a bid on the design contract. Thanks for ruining my day, vujoe!
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

If I was going to hire someone for design work on $300 million project(s), Ultimate would be not just the first person i contacted, but the only one!
Versus75
Admiral

I fixed it for you ...

Post by Versus75 »

alathIN wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:21 pm
This is all thirdhand rumors (at best) but the buzz I've heard is that it will include some suites facing the stadium side. That's on the wish list anyway.
... by adding a section of luxury suites that can face either the football or baseball field.

FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

I keep seeing occasional references to luxury suites that can face both the football and baseball fields. No doubt that architects and engineers could do something like that, but given the extremely tight space and the huge height differential between the two stadiums, I just don't see how it could work. And if it were to be forced in there somehow, I can't imagine how visually unappealing it would be.
Yes, you could probably lop off the top of the student section of the football stadium, but a cluster of boxes there would just seem to be asymmetrical and unbalanced, unless you did the same thing to the west side of the football stadium, but you've got the press box over there. The baseball operations building is sitting there between the two stadiums, further complicating matters.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 8.36.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 8.36.24 AM.png (725.22 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
VUinNC
Ensign

Post by VUinNC »

From this leaked map, I wonder if they will do something with the Lacrosse/Soccer Stadium.

I believe the lacrosse team has been playing on the Dud. If the soccer team could also play there (with better linescaping) that would open a huge area for development. Or, they could add some seating to the field off of 31st (that looks like a nice field).
MikenNashville
Captain

Post by MikenNashville »

Well Auburn has spent $90 million on a new football complex which has some cool essential components but also includes superfluous barber shops, a flight simulator and “recording studios.”
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

charlestonalum wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:30 pm
cjdore wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:24 pm Looks like more of putting a band aid on an open wound
WHAT? Closing 1 end zone and part of another, building new indoor football practice facility - all that is a bandaid?
The bandaid comment that I made was meant to be that we really need a new football stadium similar to Wake Forrest and others. What we keep getting year after year is bandaids like a bricked facade.....same ole stadium inside though.
Locked Previous topicNext topic