Vanderbilt Fanatics Departments
Accessories Auto Gift Cards Collectibles Footwear Golf & Sports
Hats Home & Office Jackets Jerseys Lawn & Garden Pajamas
Pants Polos Shirts & Sweats Shorts Sweatshirts Swim & Beach
T-Shirts Tailgate Baseball Basketball Football Everything
VandyMania is a proud Fanatics affiliate. Help us earn commisions (8%) buy purchasing Vandy gear.

Jordan Rodgers as commentator

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold

cc11316
Rear Admiral

Jordan Rodgers as commentator

Post by cc11316 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:08 pm

I want to like Jordan Rodgers as a commentator on the Saturday Night games on the SEC network as I appreciate the contribution he made during his two years at Vanderbilt since taking over for Larry Smith. If nothing else, he was the QB when Vandy defeated UT 41-18 in one of the greatest nights in Vanderbilt history.

Despite this, I can't bring myself to like him in the booth as he comes across as arrogant, a bit dogmatic and just generally kind of unlikeable in the way he expresses himself. Not to mention that in watching the games that he broadcasts, I haven't found him to be informative at all. He isn't yet to a level where I mute the television but I do cringe a bit when I become aware he is calling the game. Does anyone have any opinions on his performance ? Do you like him or not and why?
1 x

NateSY
Captain

Re: Jordan Rodgers as commentator

Post by NateSY » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:14 pm

He is my least favorite SEC Network commentator. I also feel like he comes off as arrogant. Out of respect for his contributions while attending and playing for Vandy I won’t say more, but I’m more likely to mute the TV when he’s on.
1 x

dore74
Vice Admiral

Re: Jordan Rodgers as commentator

Post by dore74 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:50 am

Agree, want to like him, but have a hard time doing so. Also find his analysis generally not very insightful.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic