1 for 8 from the line

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

historybill
Admiral

1 for 8 from the line

Post by historybill »

I was at the game, so don't have the benefit of narration, but didn't we miss the front end of a 1 in 1 three times?

So we didn't go 1 for 5. We went 1 for 8.

Pretty much the ball game, right?

dore74
Vice Admiral

Re: 1 for 8 from the line

Post by dore74 »

And UAB hitting all of their 17 or so. Our mojo was so good for so long sometimes it takes a night off I guess
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

historybill wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:32 am I was at the game, so don't have the benefit of narration, but didn't we miss the front end of a 1 in 1 three times?

So we didn't go 1 for 5. We went 1 for 8.

Pretty much the ball game, right?
It is a bit unusual for us to get to the line so infrequently as well. But you are correct that we missed the front end of 1 and 1's three times. The major factor was UAB's ability to limit Lawrence without fouling him. That was the first game in the last 10 that he was held to single digit scoring. Over the previous 9 games he had been averaging almost 20 ppg and UAB held him to 8.

Shutting out Smith was also big as nobody on the bench really stepped up enough to make up for that loss of production from our starters.

We were bound to have a bad night at some point. Doesn't erase the wonderful ride that it's been the last 7 or so weeks.
Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Post by Dorewithaflare »

I hate this portal,but that is the way it is going to be. Jump on or you are going to be taken to the bottom' I fell sorry for high school players.
Locked Previous topicNext topic