Thanks MBB

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dore74
Vice Admiral

Thanks MBB

Post by dore74 »

Thanks team and coaches for a thrilling and memorable year. Your guts, sweat and passion will long be remembered. And the second half turn around will always be a proud part of VU hoop’s history.

Looking forward to next season already!!!

Nashmann
Admiral

Re: Thanks MBB

Post by Nashmann »

Great season... Thx.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Stack just said Dort foot kept him out - we needed him. Too bad injurues hurt us or it could have been an even better season.
Last edited by charlestonalum on Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kommodore
Seaman

Post by kommodore »

I am a lifelong Vandy hoops fan (and season ticket holder prior to kids...lol...). To be honest, I had not been 100% sold on CJS, but I am fully on board now. He clearly was able to get this team to buy into his plan, and we saw the results. This is the first season (or part of a season, I guess) in several years now where I have actually looked forward to watching and fully supporting this team. The magic has finally started to sneak back into Memorial. I look forward to what lies ahead! Thanks CJS, and thanks team -- ANCHOR DOWN!
Last edited by kommodore on Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EagleDore
Rear Admiral

Post by EagleDore »

Yes, good job to the team for really stepping it up this year and moving significantly in the right direction. There was a lot of learning and hard work and that resulted in some Memorial Magic & some awesome, memorable wins. The potential is there to go even higher next year. Looking forward to it. Thanks CJS and team!
VUPKS
Rear Admiral

Post by VUPKS »

Will be an interesting offseason - wonder who will/won't hit the portal - and if we can find someone to help us out at C/PF next year. Hope our freshman stay.
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

Thank you, players and coaches.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

Agree with all. This has been a fun team to watch this second half of the season.

I really, really hope the nucleus of this team comes back, including Jordan Wright.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

Ditto. (out of respect for the late Rush Limbaugh)
Vandamnit
Commander

Post by Vandamnit »

I watch every season, and this has been one of the most enjoyable teams to root for in a while. I think these players embody the scholar-athlete ethos, play with their hearts, and found a way to pull it together behind a coach who loves the game and his players. I hope the off-season is kind to us. I am sure we'll lose some folks and meet some new ones, though I would be thrilled if everyone stayed! I do hate the ongoing injury curse that haunts Memorial Gym. So many seasons paired with a "what if", but I am so glad we got to see Liam in a Vandy jersey, as he was a terrific player and among the best centers we've ever had.

I've enjoyed the friendly banter and analysis on this board, which I've been a member of for at least a decade. Some of you are very knowledgeable and astute. Some of you all are not, but think you are (I'm looking at you, Mrs. Drew). But, all in all, I'm glad we have a community here.

Anchor Down, 23-24!
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

Agreed. Wonderful season. Love the coaches and players.

Thanks for putting the Magic back in Memorial.
GoheenFan88
Vice Admiral

Post by GoheenFan88 »

Thanks team and coaches for a fun exciting season.
Locked Previous topicNext topic