UAB's band is here

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

historybill
Admiral

UAB's band is here

Post by historybill »

Just fyl

DS2001
Rear Admiral

Re: UAB's band is here

Post by DS2001 »

There was a respectable contingent of UAB fans at the game. Their pep band was twice as loud as ours. Their dragon mascot was quite brave walking back and forth in front of the student section. Hadn’t seen that since UT’s Ray Mears did it regularly back in the 1970’s until Roy Kramer made him stop it.
It was a great atmosphere in old Memorial. I love it when the students show up en masse and really get into it like they did at this game. I wish we could have won, but overall it was a fun 2nd half of the season for sure.
TwoSaints
Vice Admiral

Re: UAB's band is here

Post by TwoSaints »

DS2001 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:23 pm Their pep band was twice as loud as ours.
UAB has a pretty solid music tradition, especially when it comes to basketball. I used to correspond a lot with Henry Panion, who's a music professor there. You can see him conducting in this video of Stevie Wonder performing the Star-Spangled Banner at the NBA Finals in Detroit. Henry and Stevie collaborated on the arrangement, which I think is rather good. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/W54WciHjguM
Locked Previous topicNext topic