Maybe I need to miss more games

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Jason94
Admiral

Maybe I need to miss more games

Post by Jason94 »

I flew down to Tampa today and was in meetings all afternoon and went out to eat and completely missed the game so was pleased to see that we finally broke the streak and beat UT! It looks like from the box that we got timely three point makes from unexpected sources - I wouldn't have expected us to go 10-25 from three with Thomas and Stute going 1-9.

Looks like we got a lot from Wright, Lawrence and Robbins, and judging from the pace the game was played very deliberately. Looks like we did have a very good shooting night overall against the best defense in the nation.

Can we build on this? This was probably our most difficult opponent left on the schedule and despite it being at home the one where we have the largest dog. If we can go 6-2 down the stretch I'd say we have an outside shot at a tournament bid. We have to beat someone on the road, but will have opportunities at UF and UK, both of which will be considered Tier 1 games. It would probably still be a long shot and would require a Saturday appearance in the SEC-T to get to the bubble, but this win does make it possible.