SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to have been wrong...

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to have been wrong...

Post by commadore »

I did not get to see the game, but listened to the last 2 minutes on the SEC radio (which was UT announcers). At the end the color guy said "it was after the horn, it was after the horn, it was after the horn." Regular guy says "they will look at it," and the color guy in a very dejected voice says "it was good."
They also said it was the best game either way they have seen this year.
Luckily the SEC Network is showing it again at 2:00 am. Am taping it this time. :) AD*

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Re: SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to have been wrong...

Post by MrMemorial »

You can see it as many more times as you like on ESPN+

It will be archived. Plus you will get tons of VandyBoys baseball that otherwise you would miss. 8-)
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

commadore wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:29 pm I did not get to see the game, but listened to the last 2 minutes on the SEC radio (which was UT announcers). At the end the color guy said "it was after the horn, it was after the horn, it was after the horn." Regular guy says "they will look at it," and the color guy in a very dejected voice says "it was good."
Luckily the SEC Network is showing it again at 2:00 am. Am taping it this time. :) AD*
That was "HOMER" Bert who literally thinks the moon is orange. Of course, he would call it that way.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

I didn’t get a chance to see it either, totally shocked and GLAD TO BE SOOOO WRONG!!!!!!!
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

vutrain wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:48 pm
commadore wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:29 pm I did not get to see the game, but listened to the last 2 minutes on the SEC radio (which was UT announcers). At the end the color guy said "it was after the horn, it was after the horn, it was after the horn." Regular guy says "they will look at it," and the color guy in a very dejected voice says "it was good."
That was "HOMER" Bert who literally thinks the moon is orange. Of course, he would call it that way.
I have to say, much like I insisted Nazr Mohammed failed to beat the buzzer against us in '98, if I were a UT fan I would've been in disbelief too. The shot was good ... but it was CLOSE.
nyyankeeDore
Captain

Post by nyyankeeDore »

mathguy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:20 am
I have to say, much like I insisted Nazr Mohammed failed to beat the buzzer against us in '98, if I were a UT fan I would've been in disbelief too. The shot was good ... but it was CLOSE.
0.3 seconds left when the ball departed from Lawrence's hands.
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

That’s because Nazr Mohammed’s shot was absolutely after the buzzer. We were screwed by the refs. I remain angry about that (though not Jeff Green levels of angry).

Honestly, on this it seemed like maybe an inch out of Lawrence’s hand. Whew!
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

oakparkDore wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:29 am

That’s because Nazr Mohammed’s shot was absolutely after the buzzer. We were screwed by the refs. I remain angry about that (though not Jeff Green levels of angry).

Honestly, on this it seemed like maybe an inch out of Lawrence’s hand. Whew!
I was at the Nazr Mohammed game, which was my senior year at Vandy. I had no voice for my student teaching the next day after screaming after his shot. I insisted for 10 minutes that they would bring the teams back out for OT after the shot was disallowed but it never happened.

After the dispirited walk back to my dorm room, I remember seeing the frame-by-frame replay on TV. In one frame the clock is at 0.1, the light is off and the ball clearly in his hand. In the next, the clock is at 0.0, the light is on, and the ball is clearly out of his hand. FRAME BY FRAME replays were literally inconclusive about whether he made it or not.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

That was the refs fault for not calling a travel on Jeff Green. Three refs and no call.

Green is a really good guy and has had a nice pro career. He fought back from an aortic aneurism and open heart surgery. As an early draft entry guy, went back steadily and got his degree. Did lots of charity work.
Locked Previous topicNext topic