He might be an ahole, but he nails it.

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

He might be an ahole, but he nails it.

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

Boeheim.jpg
Boeheim.jpg (129.65 KiB) Viewed 2171 times

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: He might be an ahole, but he nails it.

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I did think it was humorous to see Jim Larranaga subtly flash a roll of cash before whipping Duke tonight.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Boeheim is right. Look at Villanova, unranked and 3 games below .500 while Southern Miss is 21-4 and Florida Atlantic is 22-2.

SMU is 8-15 after going 24-9 last season. The NCAA burning the rulebook has turned it into the wild west.
dore74
Vice Admiral

Post by dore74 »

Agree with Boeheim. Not sure that the genie ever gets back in the bottle. I'm too old to ever get used to colleges hiring, in essence, minor league pro teams to wear the college colors. (I did get used to some colleges hiring semi-pro teams.)
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

in another thread I referred to it as "semi-pro" league: that is what the SEC is for sure and I suppose much of college basketball. Left without rules the game will devolve into whoever has the most money wins - I know there has always been cheating, but this is now legal and it puts the smaller self-respecting academic places at a huge disadvantage. We are seeing the game we all grew up with destroyed in real time before our eyes.
PeteFox
Vice Admiral

Post by PeteFox »

Agree.

But you've got to feel sorry for Kentucky. They were so good at cheating, and now it's legal. They no longer have an advantage over teams that tried to follow the rules...they have to compete for players on a level playing field.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

PeteFox wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:41 am Agree.

But you've got to feel sorry for Kentucky. They were so good at cheating, and now it's legal. They no longer have an advantage over teams that tried to follow the rules...they have to compete for players on a level playing field.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

Post of the day.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

love it and UT in football
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

MrMemorial wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:41 pm The NCAA burning the rulebook has turned it into the wild west.
Quibbling, but the NCAA didn't do this voluntarily. They lost some big court cases and were set to lose more. There was no legal justification for their old way of operating and the courts finally caught up to them.

It's possible they could have reformed their model themselves, to something legally defensible.
But you have to remember the NCAA is its member schools. They had a really sweet setup going and no motivation to change it, so the courts imposed it on them.

I agree it's a mess. But the NCAA didn't just randomly up and decide "let's dismantle our cash cow today."
Dorefrom88
Commander

Post by Dorefrom88 »

Does this mean fewer NCAA sanctions on Cleveland State?

RIP Coach Tarkanian
Locked Previous topicNext topic