Vandy v Fresno

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Re: Vandy v Fresno

Post by MrMemorial »

STACKHOUSE > bryce drew

commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

MrMemorial wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:59 pm STACKHOUSE > bryce drew
No way in hell does drew pull this game out.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

VUPKS wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:31 pm We absolutely suck.
You are welcome to follow another team. It’s obvious you don’t like our team or coach.

Considering our health status coming in plus Wright’s ailing back, I think the ‘Dores did a good job.

Stack got Stute and Robbins in at the right time to turn the tide. Lawrence and Robbins (8 blocks!) really stepped up.

And Vanderbilt wins!

Opponents we have beaten are not great, but the losses are to teams with RPI of 40 (Memphis), 33 (USM) and 8 (St. Mary’s).

BTW: You wanted Dort in the game? He may be a star of the future, but today not so much. Stats don’t look too bad until you see that we were outscored by 11 points in his 7 minutes of play. Vanderbilt outscored San Jose State by 19 points in Liam’s 33 minutes. Which would you prefer?

https://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmon ... NS4wLjAuMA..

Edit: I typed 19 minutes for Robbins initially. It was 33. I would like to see Liam play 30 minutes a game. That may mean QMB plays only 10 minutes or perhaps 15 minutes with both of them in the game together at times. Okay with me.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Versus75 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:36 pm
VUPKS wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:31 pm We absolutely suck.
You are welcome to follow another team. It’s obvious you don’t like our team or coach.

Considering our health status coming in plus Wright’s ailing back, I think the ‘Dores did a good job.

Stack got Stute and Robbins in at the right time to turn the tide. Lawrence and Robbins (8 blocks!) really stepped up.

And Vanderbilt wins!

Opponents we have beaten are not great, but the losses are to teams with RPI of 40 (Memphis), 33 (USM) and 8 (St. Mary’s).

BTW: You wanted Dort in the game? He may be a star of the future, but today not so much. Stats don’t look too bad until you see that we were outscored by 11 points in his 7 minutes of play. Vanderbilt outscored San Jose State by 19 points in Liam’s 33 minutes. Which would you prefer?

https://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmon ... NS4wLjAuMA..

Edit: I typed 19 minutes for Robbins initially. It was 33. I would like to see Liam play 30 minutes a game. That may mean QMB plays only 10 minutes or perhaps 15 minutes with both of them in the game together at times. Okay with me.
You can add vandy187187 to that list, too.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Vandy187187 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:22 pm We are so bad. Now I know why we extended Stack. He would be dead man walking otherwise.
Now I know why we extended Stack. Nice neutral site win. Robbins and Stute were the difference.
BWSeven
Chief

Post by BWSeven »

Need to establish our identity. I see parts starting to come together and the team beginning to gel.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Vandy187187 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:22 pm We are so bad. Now I know why we extended Stack. He would be dead man walking otherwise.
Stack has a net worth of over 70 million $$. We need him worse than he needs this job.

By a mile.
Locked Previous topicNext topic