Radio?

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vandylifer
Lieutenant

Radio?

Post by vandylifer »

An SEC school in a major market and we can't get a radio station to carry the games? This is a major embarrassment! 93.3 is horrible -- where IS the game on the radio. If I were Kevin Ingram, I'd quit! I tried 94.9 where the game was on Saturday during the football game -- it's not there either.

CoachH
Petty Officer

Re: Radio?

Post by CoachH »

I am amazed that Vanderbilt cannot secure a radio affiliate that can actually be picked up outside the city limits of Nashville. 93.3 is absolutely useless. Does Vanderbilt administration not care that it’s fans cannot follow their sports teams games on radio? I know that the first thing they will say is that you can stream the broadcast on your computer. But not if you don’t have a computer or are driving in your car ! This is a sorry state of affairs with someone who is supposed to be rebuilding its fan base!
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

CoachH wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:33 pm I am amazed that Vanderbilt cannot secure a radio affiliate that can actually be picked up outside the city limits of Nashville. 93.3 is absolutely useless. Does Vanderbilt administration not care that it’s fans cannot follow their sports teams games on radio? I know that the first thing they will say is that you can stream the broadcast on your computer. But not if you don’t have a computer or are driving in your car ! This is a sorry state of affairs with someone who is supposed to be rebuilding its fan base!
Radio? Radio!?!?!? :o :shock:

What the heck is "radio" - ??? Is that like "paper tickets" or something?

(I agree that a better radio option is needed but I also think paper tickets should still be an option....)
Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Post by Dorewithaflare »

Vanderbilt has been this way for years, they don't give a crap if the average guy is a part of this program. for this school to have terrible radio station is a joke.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

History: At one time 95.5 carried the games. Just before a VU FB game, the station played "Rocky Top". Y-107 (before it was The River) FORGOT to broadcast a game. When WNSR was among 17 stations carrying FB, just before an MTSU game, the announcer said "Vandy has never beaten MTSU." TBF, they hadn't played since '56, so i think that was probably true during his lifetime (0-3 in the 21st at that time). But in the 20th century, VU 12-0.
CoachH
Petty Officer

Post by CoachH »

This s is just another instance of the Vanderbilt sports administration not giving their fans and teams the very best. They do the bare minimum and and that isn’t getting the job done
Locked Previous topicNext topic