Gerson's article in TN

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Hutch37
Commander

Gerson's article in TN

Post by Hutch37 »

interesting article in todays paper on Stack and Pippen. It seemed like part of the feedback on him going pro was that he had compiled some stats but his team lost too many games. CJS got him to come back partially by highlighting the better talent we have assembled this year. I have yet to speak with anyone with much confidence in CJS and i think you should doubt him at your own risk. Call me crazy but I sense something different with this bunch. Pippen knows his profile will greatly rise if we have a winning team and I just don't get the sense that this is a bunch that will just try hard. I think they are coming in expecting to do well. I also have to say that to my discredit i wasn't jumping for joy to hear a woman was covering Vandy sports for the TN- yet every article of hers that I have read seems to be very well written with some real depth.

dore74
Vice Admiral

Re: Gerson's article in TN

Post by dore74 »

Stack seems like a serious man. He wouldn't be jiving with the son of an NBA stalwart nor with a kid's future like this. Hence, he does think this team will have a solid season. And that adds to my optimism coming into the season.
Hutch37
Commander

Post by Hutch37 »

I realize wishing doesn't make it happen but i think adding such a legitimate inside presence who can rim protect, rebound, and score is going to really change things. Plus an extra year of growth in his system with more of his type players. I guess i understand the apathy but i think these guys are going to be a lot of fun to watch. I never would have guessed that pippen was going to be the guy and the fact that he has become that is both a credit to him and CJS
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Hutch37 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:48 am I guess i understand the apathy but i think these guys are going to be a lot of fun to watch.
I agree, however, the elimination of paper tickets seems to have all but wiped out the secondary market where a person could easily pick up a couple of tickets to a game like VCU or Temple or Loyola at a reasonable price. They need to heavily discount non-conference games to make up for that but I'm afraid they won't do it. Why they would prefer empty seats to discounting non-conference games is something I don't really understand.
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

Hutch37 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:39 pm I also have to say that to my discredit i wasn't jumping for joy to hear a woman was covering Vandy sports for the TN- yet every article of hers that I have read seems to be very well written with some real depth.
I totally disagree with you on this. This particular article was about the first one (there might have been one on baseball that was OK) that didn't completely alienate me. She still has both feet in Michigan and she's way too inexperienced for this job. Her writing has an off-putting tone and she comes across as hating our teams- at least the one that is currently in-season. Twitter has fired her multiple times. I miss our two former beat writers so much. This one always leads with the negative. I am not asking for sunshine to be blown up our butts, but there's a tone to her writing that is completely off-putting.
Hutch37
Commander

Post by Hutch37 »

interesting- i haven't gotten that feeling at all but will watch out for it-
Locked Previous topicNext topic