Here's our Center- Liam Robbins

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Re: Here's our Center- Liam Robbins

Post by MrMemorial »

MemorialMagic wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:20 pm There was no need for Odusipe to redshirt. He like everyone gets a free year because of Covid.
He didn't redshirt. He played in 11 games.

Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Some of my English professors at VU would cringe at this "I will be surprised if neither Daniels or Lawrence turns out to be a solid contributor next season. "

But I think alathIN meant that he expects that at least one of the 2 incoming freshmen will be a contributor next year.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

I’ve seen Liam play a few times. He’s a skilled offensive player for sure. A true post player who hung with anyone in a conference that was just utterly loaded with quality centers—Garza, Cockburn, Jackson-Davis, Dickinson, Edey, Myles Johnson, Wisconsin’s duo, even tOSU’s Liddell played the post. He’ll also pop out and shoot from range. He’s not bad defensively, but for anyone hoping for a hyperathletic rim protector, that’s not really what he brings to the table. Regardless, he has length and is a willing defender. He’s (literally) a massive addition and will completely transform our roster. Just think of the impact that Castleton had going from Michigan to Florida. Robbins showed a ton more at Minnesota than Castleton ever did at Michigan.

Welcome Liam!
VandyPhile
Rear Admiral

Post by VandyPhile »

Can he hold his ground under the basket? That’s a weakness we had last year.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

Short piece in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. And it includes a classy farewell from Liam to Minnesota:
https://www.startribune.com/former-goph ... 600045119/
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

LawoftheWest wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:51 pm
I do not understand what you are saying. Neither will be a contributor next year?
Awkward double negative.

If they both turn out to be non-contributors, I will be surprised.

Or, better: I expect one or both of them to be contributors.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

VandyPhile wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:23 pm Can he hold his ground under the basket? That’s a weakness we had last year.
Absolutely. He held his ground against Kofi Cockburn, who pretty much is the closest thing to Shaq (in the physical sense at least) since the real deal. Minnesota still got killed twice, but it wasn’t on Robbins (he was playing with an ankle sprain in the second one and was quite limited).
Vandamnit
Commander

Post by Vandamnit »

Thrilled to have an experienced big man join the team. It has been a WHILE! I kind of forgot that the transfer portal works both ways, since it has been a one-way street up to now.
MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Post by MemorialMagic »

MrMemorial wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:41 am
MemorialMagic wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:20 pm There was no need for Odusipe to redshirt. He like everyone gets a free year because of Covid.
He didn't redshirt. He played in 11 games.
In the earlier tweet, someone was suggesting he should have redshirted. I was just saying that it didn't matter whether he redshirted or not - he could play and still get the extra year - which is what they did.
Locked Previous topicNext topic