SMU?

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

buffy
Vice Admiral

Re: SMU?

Post by buffy »

Vandy187187 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:41 pm If I had a nickel for every time I have heard our new transfer was the best player in practice... until they play and prove they are starters they are just rumor.
These guys are graduate starters with proven track records against good opponents. I agree that their injuries may limit their effectiveness, but these aren't kids looking for playing time to prove their worth.

nyyankeeDore
Captain

Post by nyyankeeDore »

Jason94 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:54 pm
MrMemorial wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:26 pm
Jason94 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:07 pm

I don't think you understand what a choke job is. That is a list of some of the worst losses, not the worst choke jobs.
I certainly know a choke job when I was present and saw one.

This was one...

https://www.anchorofgold.com/2011/11/28 ... breaker-to

(A "Kevin-won't-call-timeout" special)

But that TnTech game was a total shocking late game collapse. And I was there (unfortunately) to see it.
Yup, that is a choke job like tonight. Which is different from a bad game, which was the Marist or VCU game. glad we are on the same page. BTW, if CJS can improve the team in the manner that the team improved in 2013, then he will have something going into next season. I think many lose sight of that fact that a couple of the worst games (Furman and Marist) came during seasons that resulted in amazing improvement over the course of the season. Hopefully we can see that this season as well.
We lost multiple games in which we had second half double-digit leads in 2014-15 and 2015-16. We also lost a home game with Arkansas in which we had a 15-point lead with 3 or 4 minutes left in 2017. (And in the 2019 SEC season we almost never had a lead to lose.)
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
BooMax
Lieutenant

Post by BooMax »

Nashmann wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:42 pm This team is weak. No shooters(consistent) other than Pippen. Pippen though...turns the ball over a lot. Our emphasis this year appears to be going inside looking for fouls. We are down 14 with 3 min to go we keep driving. Maybe because we have no shooters except Pippen. He is the only one that would start on any other SEC team. Wright is too inconsistent like tonight. Scrapped a few 2's near end. You could dump the whole rest of the team & start over. Who knows what Liam or Chatman will add. Chatman is known for defense, not offense. SMU looked better coached and had more firepower. Our team seems to start a play then falls a part into complete one on one or chaos. They don't protect the ball either. The defense was good first half then fell a part 2nd half. Stack has a lot to work on. This team will be at the bottom of SEC if it plays like this all year I'm afraid.
Stack is a roll it out type coach! maybe high school level strategies? Just like all bad coached teams, we will win on hot shooting nights and lose most other times because there is ZERO GAME PLAN for this team outside of running a few set plays per game. Cant always win on hustle and effort, college MBB REQUIRES strategy and great position recruiting, which sorry but Stack shows (has shown) propensity for neither.

This is why thousands are disinterested in following, posting, and especially buying tickets.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

BooMax wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:58 pm Stack is a roll it out type coach! maybe high school level strategies? Just like all bad coached teams, we will win on hot shooting nights and lose most other times because there is ZERO GAME PLAN for this team outside of running a few set plays per game. Cant always win on hustle and effort, college MBB REQUIRES strategy and great position recruiting, which sorry but Stack shows (has shown) propensity for neither.

This is why thousands are disinterested in following, posting, and especially buying tickets.
Welcome back to the message board…
:roll:
Locked Previous topicNext topic