Mariota stats against Eagles

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Titans309fan
Admiral

Mariota stats against Eagles

Post by Titans309fan »

30 of 44 for 344 yards, 2 passing TDs, 1 INT, 1 rushing TD, 10 rushes for 46 yards.

He also had his 11th game winning drive in the 4th quarter/OT since the start of last year, most in all of the NFL.

If you count all the perfect passes that were dropped by the young receivers, he likely gets 400+ yards.

Mariota will be the Titans QB for years to come, and he is certainly not overrated. I am not saying he is the best QB in the NFL by any means, but he is the 2nd best QB in Titans history, with a very good chance to be the best before his career is over.

He has overcome so much this year. Just a few weeks ago, so many fans (but not me) were calling for his head. He still is wearing his partial glove on his hand. His receivers have let him down time and time again on some great thrown passes. But despite it all, he is winning games and make the big plays as needed.

Nashmann
Admiral

Re: Mariota stats against Eagles

Post by Nashmann »

I am not a huge Mariota fan...I like him but have been critical of his passing. Yesterday he finally looked good for a change with some first-rate passing. His running ability has never been questioned. Kudos to the offense.

The defense played better than I have seen them in a long time! VERY aggressive. DB's need to cover a little closer and tighten up. Overall great game & kudos for the defense,,,
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Great to see a response on these threads. :)

I love this coaching staff for bringing out the best of this team. I wasn't sure if firing a playoff winning staff was the right move, but it certainly has paid off so far.

Seeing the Titans willing to abandon the run and go pass happy was sweet.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Mariota earned AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance: https://www.titansonline.com/news/titan ... f-the-week
Locked Previous topicNext topic