Big challenge against the Jags

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Titans309fan
Admiral

Big challenge against the Jags

Post by Titans309fan »

The Jags looked a lot better this past week with a very rare win over the Patriots (only 2nd in history, first against Brady). Even without their star running back, that defense is one of the best, and Bortles is a fine QB.

The good news is that the Titans are playing with house money this week after their upset victory over the Texans. If the lose a road game against a top team, it doesn't hurt, and if they somehow win, they are in first place in the division again.

Why I think the Titans can win:
1. Jags are coming off one of their biggest wins, so a letdown is certainly possible.

2. The Titans had their number last year. Bortles has to be scared of Byard, who picked him off multiple times. As great as the Jags were last year, they could not beat a weaker Titans team.

3. Titans are hard to game plan against. Gabbert could be starting, Mariota could be starting, the wildcat is in play, the defense is getting healthier (Evans will hopefully have a bigger role, and I love what I saw out of Landry), and special teams have been great. The one trend I do worry about is that the Titans start out exotic, and then try to run the ball too much.

4. The Titans oline has been tremendous. The Jags have one of the best defenses, but the Titans have protected their QBs well (one sack in two games) without their starting two tackles against two solid defenses. Lewan will hopefully play this week, which can only help.