VANDERBILT BASEBALL AIMS FOR OMAHA

Insider forum for fans of Vanderbilt football, men's and women's basketball, and baseball. Signup for access here https://www.14powers.com/signup-for-membership/ If you are a premium member and are having trouble accessing this board please email donyates@vandymania.com Include your username in the email.
admin
Site Admin

VANDERBILT BASEBALL AIMS FOR OMAHA

Post by admin »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Joe Coke
Petty Officer

Re: VANDERBILT BASEBALL AIMS FOR OMAHA

Post by Joe Coke »

Good article, but for some reason there is no mention of Will Toffey or Jason Delay, both of who were drafted after last season and both of who decided to return to the team this year. In addition to Wright and Kendall, I think these two will be a major part of the success of the team this season.
Joe C
@GAD
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Joe Coke wrote:Good article, but for some reason there is no mention of Will Toffey or Jason Delay, both of who were drafted after last season and both of who decided to return to the team this year. In addition to Wright and Kendall, I think these two will be a major part of the success of the team this season.
Seriously, they had better be a major part, else I don't think we do near as well as expected. However, the article was simply focused on the two top 5 picks, so that is to be expected. I think others like Jones and Grisanti have to step up too.
Joe Coke
Petty Officer

Post by Joe Coke »

commadore wrote:
Joe Coke wrote:Good article, but for some reason there is no mention of Will Toffey or Jason Delay, both of who were drafted after last season and both of who decided to return to the team this year. In addition to Wright and Kendall, I think these two will be a major part of the success of the team this season.
Seriously, they had better be a major part, else I don't think we do near as well as expected. However, the article was simply focused on the two top 5 picks, so that is to be expected. I think others like Jones and Grisanti have to step up too.
The article mentions Ro and a number of other players (Jones, Paul, & Raby). Writing an article about the baseball team without mentioning two starters from last year, two kids who will most likely start 95% of the games this year, and the same kids who the MLB though enough of to draft after last years season seems like a very, very big over-sight to me.
Joe C
@GAD
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good point by Joe. I think this team is loaded. I do think we need a couple these freshmen pitchers to make contributions, as usual.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Locked Previous topicNext topic