Search found 122 matches

Return

by BrentVU
Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hayball?

Conor Weasler, a freshman (invited) walk-on from California, would be the backup to Hayball if needed. Yes, it's a bit of a concern.
by BrentVU
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Strange time to be playing a football game against Hawaii

As I understand it, the fires are on the island of Maui, and the university (which is on Oahu) has not been affected. However, the Lahaina Civic Center, where the basketball Dores have played several times in the Maui Classic, was very much in jeopardy at last report. https://www.sportingnews.com/u...
by BrentVU
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

YES, IT'S TIME! The 19th annual VandyMania 'Predict the Season' Contest!!

One year ago today... Vandy fans were wondering if Clark Lea could improve upon a two-win rookie season; Mike Wright had been announced at Media Days as QB starter; and the Dores were preparing for a weeklong trip to Hawai'i. VandyManiacs collectively predicted a 4-win season for 2022. Well, things ...
by BrentVU
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Construction Cameras

They're back on. YouTube URLs were new as of today; I edited the links in the pinned thread above.
by BrentVU
Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video: DC Nick Howell, LBs Coach Lezynski, DBs Coach Jackson talk after Wed. Aug. 16 practice

Coach Lezynski mentioned Nicholas Rinaldi, and the interviewer asked a follow-up question about him... he's another one of those really great walk-on stories... the interviewer is not too well-informed; Rinaldi only started playing HS football TWO years ago, but last year Barton Simmons invited him ...
by BrentVU
Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Is there no longer SEC Alternate channel?

Ha! I used to have two SEC alternate channels on my cable system, and if they're gone now, I'm not surprised... they would show a game once, maybe twice a year, and the rest of the time, they showed the SEC Sports logo! Biggest waste of a channel I've ever seen!
by BrentVU
Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some additional information about the stadium on game days

Ms. Gerson writes this story about all this below, and it's worth reading... it includes some photos the Tennessean photographer took on Tuesday showing the current state of things, worth clicking through... Tennessean: How Vanderbilt football will play in FirstBank Stadium amid construction in 2023...
by BrentVU
Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coach Lea with SEC Network's Marty & McGee

This was recorded during SEC Media Days...

SEC Network: LEA MAINTAINS HIS LOFTY EXPECTATIONS FOR VANDERBILT
While joining Marty & McGee, Clark Lea makes it very clear that he's not satisfied and has extremely high expectations for the Commodores' program.
by BrentVU
Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Definitely the BIGGEST gets in this year's freshman recruiting class

While others are excited about young guns Junior Sherrill & London Humphreys at WR... drooling over Sedrick Alexander and A.J. Newberry at RB... I'm quietly very excited about Ted Gregoire and De'Marion Thomas, the two bookend interior defensive linemen that Vandy signed last December. Gregoire,...
by BrentVU
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Video: Clark Lea talks after Sat. Aug. 19 practice in FirstBank

Construction noise going on in the background...

This camera angle gives a good view of what the West stands look like today...

Head Coach Clark Lea
by BrentVU
Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video: Clark Lea talks after Sat. Aug. 19 practice in FirstBank

If you are nostalgic for the Poach Era, you might enjoy this one, especially since all those old ReVealed videos are no longer available... I have to admit, it brought back some great memories...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXqNqm9WOA4&
by BrentVU
Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some thoughts, predictions about the season ahead

Founder's Walk was last weekend. Classes start tomorrow. The heat is still here; it should be close to 90 when Vandy kicks off on Saturday night. Time for some wild predictions about the season... 1. I am unusually bullish on this year's Commodores and think folks are underestimating them; I 'm bold...
by BrentVU
Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hawaii Week Depth Chart released

Find it here... you'll need Adobe Acrobat installed...

https://vucommodores.com/wp-content/upl ... Hawaii.pdf
by BrentVU
Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawaii Week Depth Chart released

Holy cow, would you look at the depth on the defensive line... the coaches have listed 11 players for the four DL positions, indicating they feel good about where all 11 of these players are. And those 11 do not include Christian James, a senior starter from last year who is going to have to sit out...
by BrentVU
Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawaii Week Depth Chart released

Seadog73 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:50 pm And I was wondering about Davieon Davis as well.
In the press conference, Lea mentioned that Davis is still suffering from the after-effects of a longtime injury... I think it's the same one that kept him out most of last season.
by BrentVU
Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:18 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hustler writers are back in school; football mailbag is good reading

Andrew Wilf is sports editor this year.

Vanderbilt Football Preseason Mailbag: Can Vanderbilt make a bowl game?
The Vanderbilt Hustler Sports Editorial Board answers questions ahead of the 2023 football season.
(by various staffers)
by BrentVU
Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Local paper says VU commit Tate Hamby should put OCS in contention for state championship

The Ouachita Citizen newspaper's preview of Ouachita Christian School (Monroe, La.) has a great photo and good words about Vandy commit Tate Hamby; the Eagles open Sept. 1 in an interstate game vs. Dallas Christian... [img=https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/hannapub.com/content/tncms/asset...
by BrentVU
Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hustler profile of A.J. Swann; VUCommodores profiles Jaylen Mahoney

Player profiles have been mostly absent this year; the Tennessean certainly isn't doing them. The Hustler did this one on A.J. Swann, which is almost a player profile... Hustler: QB AJ Swann is built to be Vanderbilt’s signal-caller AJ Swann enters his sophomore season with lofty expectations, hopin...
by BrentVU
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some VU HS commitment highlights from Week 2

On the first play of his senior season, Tristen Brown (Lamar, TX) returned the opening kickoff for a TD... and things only went uphill from there. Lamar pounded Beaumont West 51-7... https://twitter.com/Rgraves04/status/1695241449174872441 Ensworth (Jaren Sensabaugh) defeated MBA for the first time ...