Search found 122 matches

Return

by BrentVU
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clark Lea Q&A SEC Media Days transcript (main media room)

CLARK LEA: Yes. Obviously when I accepted the job all these plans were in place, and so you can, from that moment, start talking about what this future is going to look like. I think the biggest statement that it makes is just support from the highest office on campus. I mean, Chancellor Diermeier h...
by BrentVU
Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clark Lea Q&A SEC Media Days full transcript (main media room)

See Clark Lea's entire Q&A in the media room on video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQZKkU8A-rQ

And here is a separate Q&A in front of the electronic media...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYgeB4pUtR4
by BrentVU
Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A couple of thoughts after a day lurking at SEC Media Days

Well, so much for the concert on Broadway; a rain and lightning storm about 4 pm took care of that. But here are some ramblings on what did happen Tuesday... 1. What a torn-up mess downtown has become, with all the new buildings and cranes. I've never seen so many cranes, closed streets, and foundat...
by BrentVU
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Derek Mason now an SEC Network analyst?

I didn't see this when it aired, and I've heard no announcement about it, but Derek Mason (who resigned as Oklahoma State defensive coordinator after last season) apparently is back now as an analyst for the SEC Network, and appeared on camera at Media Days. He gave Texas and Oklahoma a warning that...
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fall camp starts this week; what position battle will you be watching?

Running back. This is an area with both limited returning experience and incoming freshmen. Is Patrick Smith the guy? I'm envisioning a real RBBC approach with 3 guys. However, Alexander passes the eye test with flying colors. Watching him in the spring game, it was hard to believe he should've sti...
by BrentVU
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Typical UT fans: setting themselves up for disappointment again

Hey, let's be nice, folks. Civil discussion only, no name-calling.
"Don't make me come back there..."
by BrentVU
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Practice #1 of fall camp is complete

Fall camp opened Wednesday morning outdoors under cloudy skies and very humid conditions. Players were in helmets and shoulder pads only. One change from past years that I noticed is that the QBs were wearing gold practice jerseys instead of the usual red. Andrew Allegretta reports after the post-pr...
by BrentVU
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Practice #1 of fall camp is complete

OK, we got videos, and the video crew did a nice job with them... Head coach Clark Lea... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCo0bfMUeo DL Nate Clifton... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqyO57_H_AY OL Bradley Ashmore... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62sc-pZIORk Unfortunately, after the last board u...
by BrentVU
Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The battle for starting placekicker could get interesting

Vandy lost Joseph Bulovas from last year's team, who was a bit streaky with his field goals. Like the team, he started out strong in 2022, but like the team, as the competition got tougher, he lost his cool and went on a streak of misses. As I count them, there are FIVE placekickers on the roster. T...
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big decision coming down Tuesday from RB Jason Patterson

Jason Patterson, the 4-star RB from Sneads, Fla., is announcing his decision Tuesday, August 1... Vanderbilt , Kentucky, Rutgers, Boston College, Cincinnati... Vandy already has a commitment from one 4-star RB (Johann Cardenas), so if they miss on Patterson, it's not the end of the world. But to sig...
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawaii intel?

Here's a radio interview the Honolulu station did with Rainbows coach Timmy Chang at Mountain West Media Days, if anyone's interested... YouTube: Hawai'i Head Coach Timmy Chang | Day 2 | 2023 Mountain West Football Media Days P.S. Todd Graham (mentioned in this thread above) is not the coach at Hawa...
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tennessean: Five Vanderbilt football breakout candidates for 2023

Four of them are redshirt freshmen; one is a senior who has suddenly found himself atop the depth chart...

Tennessean: Five Vanderbilt football breakout candidates for 2023
(by Aria Gerson)
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tennessean: Five Vanderbilt football breakout candidates for 2023

Aria also wrote this piece about Vanderbilt's commitment to playing at FirstBank in 2023 despite the construction hubbub... "It was really important for us if at all feasible, to compete in our venues while we're under construction," [AD Candice] Lee said Monday. "I think number one, ...
by BrentVU
Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Recruiting under way for Class of 2025; "One of One '25" seems to be the theme

This morning, August 1 at midnight, was the first day that 2025 prospects can be contacted directly by coaches... that means a lot of coaches stayed up late, and a lot of blue-chip recruits talked late into the night with coaches. Lots of 2025 prospects have reported on X (Twitter) being contacted b...
by BrentVU
Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SEC replacing its "have-nots"? Not happening anytime soon, says Seth Emerson

Seth Emerson covers the SEC, and especially conference realignment stories, for the Athletic. Someone asked him... "With all this realignment, at what point do the “haves” in the B1G and SEC decide to replace the “have-nots” in their respective conferences? For example, wouldn’t it be much more...
by BrentVU
Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vandy makes Top 4 for TE Witt Edwards

Witt Edwards is one of the few 2024 prospects that Vandy is still waiting on... he just released his Top Four: Vandy, Iowa State, Houston, and TCU... He's a 4-star prospect, and even though the recruiting class is pretty full, Vandy would welcome him with open arms... he's 6-5 200, a ready-made tigh...
by BrentVU
Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chattanooga: Baylor's (Whit) Muschamp 'unflappable' on the field

VU 2024 QB commit Whit Muschamp (son of Will from Georgia) is No. 10 on the Chattanooga Times-Free Press's "Dynamite Baker's Dozen" top prospects in the Chattanooga area. He quarterbacked Baylor to a III-AA state championship last fall. The article about him includes these quotes: "Th...
by BrentVU
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy makes Top 4 for TE Witt Edwards

I'm not jumping in on the pun-fest here, but I will say that the last QB we had at Vandy named Whit was really good!
by BrentVU
Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Video: Coach Lea, WR Jayden McGowan, CB Martel Hight talk after Wed. Aug. 9 practice

A dislocated elbow for DL Darren Agu in practice this week, but nothing too permanent (hopefully)...

Coach Clark Lea

WR Jayden McGowan

True freshman CB Martel Hight