Search found 122 matches

Return

by BrentVU
Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Buffalo: Trent Sherfield shining in Stefon Diggs' absence, draws praise from Josh Allen

The Bills’ No. 1 receiver, Stefon Diggs, skipped voluntary offseason workouts and made it to mandatory minicamp practices only after head coach Sean McDermott said he was “very concerned” about Diggs’ absence. But another wide receiver stood out for his work in the offseason. That was Trent Sherfie...
by BrentVU
Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ladies and gents: We have an updated fall roster!

Wow, 114 names on the roster... lots of players with new numbers for 2023...

https://vucommodores.com/sports/football/roster/
by BrentVU
Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ladies and gents: We have an updated fall roster!

The first thing I noticed about it was the true freshman defensive tackles... De'Marion Thomas reported in as 6-2, 321, and Ted Gregoire reported as 6-3, 311!!! That's an awesome pair of bookends. Here's a photo of Thomas... he looks like a full-grown man who's ready for action. [img=https://pbs.twi...
by BrentVU
Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ladies and gents: We have an updated fall roster!

Here's something interesting... THREE freshman walk-ons on the roster are guys who played for the state runner-up MBA team last season. Two of them are defensive backs: Ty Bartholomew and Payne Daniel. A third is MBA's three-time state wrestling champion, Gabe Fisher. I recall that he's attending VU...
by BrentVU
Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VU's STAR and ANCHOR positions

Just want to make sure I understand these positions. STAR is hybrid DE/LB and ANCHOR is hybrid LB/Safety. Is that right? Yep, there's a little note at the top right of the roster page that makes that clear. Also, Jovan Haye is the position coach for the STARs; and while Dan Jackson is the assistant...
by BrentVU
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commitment (2024): Joseph McVay 6-1 180 WR Earle, Ark.

Brent do you have an estimate on how many scholarships are available for 2024? It’s my understanding that the Covid exceptions are ending soon and it looks like we still have a ton of promising prospects according to some of the free portions of recruiting sites. Thanks. As I explained in another t...
by BrentVU
Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cam Dooley to announce commitment at 5 pm ET Saturday

Not entirely sure yet, but I think Dooley has committed to Vandy. Waiting to confirm.
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB recruit Jason Patterson: Vandy on its way up, Coach Lea has a blueprint

RB Jason Patterson from Sneads, Fla. is a 4-star recruit who took official visits recently to Rutgers, Kentucky, Boston College, Cincinnati, and Vanderbilt, with Vanderbilt getting the crucial final visit. Patterson was in a video interview with the Naples newspaper and seems convinced that Coach Le...
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RB recruit Jason Patterson: Vandy on its way up, Coach Lea has a blueprint

Cardenas says his commitment is coming on Friday, July 7... he is down to Vandy and Missouri.
by BrentVU
Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think this is a first

Not sure how many years now I've been closely following Vandy recruiting, but it goes back at least to the late 1990s. However... I can say with pretty much certainty that Vandy has NEVER had 19 commitments by July 4 before. Not Franklin, not Bobby Johnson, not Widenhofer... What has happened? 14 of...
by BrentVU
Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Commitment (2024): Johann Cardenas, 4* 6-0 215 RB Houston-St. Thomas Catholic, TX

Chose Vandy over Missouri, but also reportedly had offers from Kentucky, Colorado, Oregon, Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, and many others... he had previously committed to Texas Tech back in January, but de-committed in April... An ACL Injury abbreviated his junior season, but he nonetheless put up 1,041...
by BrentVU
Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commitment (2024): Johann Cardenas, 4* 6-0 215 RB Houston-St. Thomas Catholic, TX

OMIGOSH! I SEE THAT VANDY'S LATEST COMMITMENT WAS RATED 4 STARS BY [ONE OF THE POPULAR RECRUITING SERVICES]!!! FOUR STARS!!! WOO-HOO!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON! COACH LEA DEFINITELY HAS THIS PROGRAM ON THE RIGHT TRACK!!! MAKING BOWL PLANS NOW!!!! SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, HERE WE COME!!! (happy da...
by BrentVU
Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Commitment (2024) Dontae Carter 6-2 172 WR/DB Cibolo-Steele, TX

Commitment No. 21... teammate of Alvin Williamson, Jr. (who committed last week)... a bit of a surprise to me, but maybe it shouldn't have been!... Chose Vandy over Nebraska, Texas Tech, Washington, Baylor, Missouri (!), and others... his last official visit was to Vandy on June 26, and that evident...
by BrentVU
Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commitment (2024) Dontae Carter 6-2 172 WR/DB Cibolo-Steele, TX

On3.com ranks Carter as a 4-star recruit, 247 and Rivals only give him 3. And he is not ranked in the ESPN 300.

There, I’ve just given you the most meaningless fact you will learn all day today.
by BrentVU
Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SEC Network debuts tribute to Roy Kramer Wed. July 19 7pm ET

From the SEC: SEC Network - Wed. July 19, 7 pm ET Roy Kramer: A Vision for the SEC – A retrospective of the life and career of the visionary former SEC commissioner Roy Kramer. Kramer became SEC commissioner in 1990 and transformed the conference with the additions of South Carolina and Arkansas, an...
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Composite photo of the recruiting class (so far)

A couple of Vandy commitments have tweeted out a composite photo of Vandy's #EarnItEvery24 recruiting class's commitments to date. It's interesting because it provides info about what position each recruit projects as... Presumably, this has been distributed privately to the recruits by VU's social ...
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clark Lea gets contract extension

What was his initial contract and how many years have been added this time? Does anyone know? The terms of all Vandy coaches' contracts are generally closely guarded secrets... although the Tennessean did report recently that Lea made about $3 million in 2021, his first year at Vandy, based on tax ...
by BrentVU
Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Officiating at last year's Vandy-UT game

In the presentation of SEC Supervisor of Officials John McDaid Tuesday, he showed a play from last year's VU-UT game. Vandy had the ball. A UT coach was standing near the line of scrimmage and clapped vigorously before the ball was snapped. It caused the VU center to snap the ball prematurely; predi...
by BrentVU
Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SEC Media Days: LB Ethan Barr interview

Q. Ethan, good morning. ETHAN BARR: Morning. Q. Would you mind just kind of talking about the excitement of this team entering 2023 season and looking to build off of what you guys did last year? ETHAN BARR: Yeah, we're really excited. We have so many guys coming back, returning, especially on the d...
by BrentVU
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jaylen Mahoney SEC Media Days interview

Q. What was it like leaving workouts this morning and putting on that jacket, and coming down the street to kick off college football season here? JAYLEN MAHONEY: Yeah, that's a good question. You know, it was a lot trying to get over here but blessed to be in this position. You know, excited to be ...