Search found 101 matches

Return

by Jason94
Wed May 31, 2023 9:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Vandy187187 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:21 pm Personally, I hope he goes somewhere else after all this. He's not THAT good.
This is a horrible take. Without Lawrence, we have NIT level talent. With him we should make the tournament. Why would you not want to have someone who helps the team make the touranment?
by vandy05
Wed May 31, 2023 12:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Massive renovation of The Hawk announced!

That is absolutely incredible!
by Foreverhopeful
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Don’t engage with the troll. Not trolling. Just speaking facts. The only reason everybody is freaking out is because we lost 10 other players over the years that would have been better had they stayed or we recruited better on our misses. players like tyrin are a dime a dozen 3 years in now with th...
by dore74
Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin is OFFICIALLY back

Awesome, I like how his tweet actually shows his back. Great news…when does the season start!!!!

Shout out to Coach Stackhouse.
by Ndorefin
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin is OFFICIALLY back

I believe he and Stack put this whole plan together to help Tyrin decide his future. He found out what his strengths and weaknesses are according to decision makers and he also found out his worth for NIl. I’m sure Stack supported him all the way through this process because he cares about his playe...
by buffy
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roster Thoughts

How 'bout an 'adda-boy' to Coach Stackhouse. We were all considering hara-kiri after the portal opened, and now we're clearly in better shape. I'm absolutely grateful and honored to have Mr. Stackhouse as our coach. The guy gives everything he has.
by nyyankeeDore
Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tonight's announcers won't be on site

All the more reason to listen to Andrew Allegretta's radio broadcast.
In some respects baseball games (if you cannot attend them in person) are paired better with radio than television.
by VUaskew
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

I think there are a variety of reasons for it, several of which you have already detailed. Some of them were obviously self-inflicted--examples include the aforementioned getting into it with fans on Twitter; the Joe Rexrode piece in The Athletic where he called out some fans' political leanings; t...
by buffy
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our problem, generally, is that we're a-holes. We want to win right the heck now. Turns out, it's really hard. Our coach didn't have the luxury of learning college coaching as an assistant. He jumped in the deep end. It's a hell of a learning curve for a new head coach. It's even crazier if you thro...
by BDR-Dore
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy Eastern Illinois thread

We be rocking it at the Hawk!!
by Levon
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy Eastern Illinois thread

Schultz is reverting a bit, not as sharp as he was in Hoover. Still, getting the job done. Consistency from him going forward will be huge for Vandy. Sweet inning-ending 5-4-3 DP! Stroooong 8th by Schultz, 3 dominant Ks. That should give us all a warm fuzzy :) And a strong 9th as well. Very encoura...
by Vandy187187
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Xavier Thread

Maybe this delay is a good thing for us. We certainly look like crap and it's now or never.
by UltimateVUFan
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well. I did say before the first pitch that I wanted a win against Xavier then a weather delay to force a potential doubleheader tomorrow.
Maybe I’ll get my wish???
by vutrain
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, glad I went to Hoovr this year. It was a bit more fun.
That was good showing by the VANDYBoys this year. I wish our pitchers had stayed healthy.
by fldore
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm likely crazy, but, looking at the big picture and a real shortage of offensive talent, maybe we were lucky to have as good a season as we did. We are in the bottom tier of the SEC in most offensive statistics and our LOB numbers seemed bad to me. Who is our hitting coach and should we be shoppi...
by dore74
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thanks to the team and the coaches

Disappointing ending to he year for sure. Injuries and lack of power got us in the end. Still in all we won the SEC tourney, and that ain't nothing.

Always a pleasure to watch the guys play--and they always give it their best, win or lose. Thanks for all you do, see you in the fall.
by roanoke
Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: thanks to the team and the coaches

That is what made the run in 2019 so remarkable: regular season champs, SECT champs, National Champs. Just 4 years ago. Winning the SECT is a major accomplishment. Vandy has only done it 4 times. That will be this team’s lasting legacy. Honestly, I thought we would make a run for the NC before we lo...
by VU1970
Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When Roy Skinner was coaching Vanderbilt, for much of the time there were no Black players, there was no three-point line, dunks were illegal, only one SEC team could go to the NCAA dance, and Richard Nixon played piano on the Opry. But he took Vanderbilt to the Elite Eight, and until somebody else ...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: thanks to the team and the coaches

Agreed. We definitely out-performed the talent level on this roster. That's a testament to the coaches. We've just had way too many misses in recruiting. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the new rules preventing contact with recruits prior to their junior year will save Corbs from himself....
by MikenNashville
Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcast: James Franklin talks about leaving VU & the commitment level

Fayette I know you are Vanderbilt and UT fan which has no bearing on my statement but until franklin has publicly stated that he was wrong (or regretted) on poaching the players that Vanderbilt funded the recruitment process I have no empathy for and will not listen to his BS.