Search found 101 matches

Return

by Jason94
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next Season

My biggest fear is we start off slow once again as we learn to gel with all the new faces and experience. A slow start could once again prevent us from going to the dance. We will have to wait and see. I really like Stack and I am pulling for him, but this is year 5. He needs to find a way to start...
by Versus75
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next year's roster

I guess Aria forgot to mention the "who's coming" part of the article. There will be at least a couple VERY GOOD players. Corbin attracts talent much the same way as John Calipari in Men's Basketball: Players know the coach gives them a boost up to the Big Leagues. * Nearly 40 players in ...
by dore74
Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcast: James Franklin talks about leaving VU & the commitment level

Nothing’s simple. The SEC East was down in those years which surely helped. But he had a fire and an ability to recruit that up to now have been second to none in my lifetime. The scandal and lack of controls in that dorm, however, were horrible. I have no idea what was or wasn’t covered up. Regardl...
by MikeADore
Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agata Makurat Has Arrived

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctq0F_OoprR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA== Translation of the above message from her mom, Marta, who is seen in the photo with her: Your road to this place 🇺🇸✈️🏀 was long and winding 🤔 However, having a specific goal, everything seems much easier...
by commadore
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:11 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poor, poor tennessee

Okay, I'll weigh in, by repeating UT pitcher Camden Sewell: "We fell short. But if you want to end your season, this is the place you want to end it." If he deigned to think about it at all, he might have added: "Not in some regional game, against Xavier!" :cool: Thank you Fayet...
by MrMemorial
Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poor, poor tennessee

katmai wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:18 pm I am always glad to see UT lose, but I don't feel like gloating too much about it when we got eliminated in the Regionals.
Sometimes you have to pick your poison.

We won the SEC tournament. They got shut out on a 2-hitter in their one first day game.
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2023 Gold Glove Winner...

EBJ will forever be one of my all-time favorite VandyBoys. I'm gonna miss him so much.
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

USA u19 routs Lebanon 122-70

Ven-Allen Lubin had 11 points on 4 of 6 shooting and 3 of 4 at the FT line, 2 assists, 1 block, and led all players with 11 rebounds in a team-high 22 minutes.

USA advances from pool play to take on China tomorrow.
by VU4EVVA
Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chase Burns in the portal

I don’t worry about the ones we don’t get. I focus in the ones we do get. I trust CTC.
by DoreFan49
Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vanderbilt WCBB recruiting dilemma

There is no doubt in my mind that the WCBB coaching staff at Vanderbilt is one of the best if not the best in the NCAA Division I. They have a proven record of recruiting and development of many of the best players in Women's College Basketball. All things being equal, they should be able to recruit...
by HarpoMarx
Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Enrique Signs

4.17 million signing bonus. Slot value.
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When is Lea scheduled to speak today?-?

First thing this morning...9 AM CT.
by EagleDore
Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:25 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: tyler tanner

I think Buffy is correct in that our coach and offense have matured. I just rewatched the VU v. UK game in the SEC Tourney. Our small line up was pretty good. Yes, we got out rebounded, but our guards were strong playmakers. UK was winded and we looked more in shape and energetic. At the end they mi...
by alathIN
Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:42 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh, the humanity!

All the hand wringing about playing this season in a stadium under reconstruction :roll: We've been clamoring for facilities upgrades for 35 years (that I am personally aware of). Now we get a new administration who cares about sports and we jump into upgrades, and we're complaining about the inconv...
by Seadog73
Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Practice #1 of fall camp is complete

#90, true freshman Ted Gregoire, definitely passes the eye test for an SEC defensive lineman.
by VandyJim
Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:52 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 100 Days

Mike A huge thanks to you for keeping us so informed on this site. I'm so appreciative for all the information you share with us. And Go Vandy is so correct: A decade of frustration under Balcomb and White is over ... and it starts this season when our ladies take the floor. Just can't wait to see t...
by cc11316
Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm At A Loss

I find it strange that you played at Vanderbilt for 4 years but seem to be panicking after an opening season win. There are gaping holes that need to be addressed, no doubt, but I think the biggest thing was to get the win regardless of the style points (or lack thereof). For every close but uncomfo...
by nyyankeeDore
Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm At A Loss

We have, at least for this game , no rushing offense, a QB that can't escape the rush, an OL that had a hard time blocking anyone, and coaches that didn't seem to be very involved in the game. I do not understand the assertion that VU's coaches "didn't seem to be very involved in the game.&quo...
by utahozzie
Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Alabama A&M thread

Alexander will be the number 1 rb soon
by Johnmn555
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mike Wright

Personally, I think they should let Seals play more if nothing else to spur Swann to start looking at the field rather than locking on to one receiver. He should have been playing before it was 40-10. What are the chances that they will need him in a tight game at some point? High. What are the cha...