Return

by Levon
Sat May 20, 2023 8:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arky #2

charlestonalum wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:24 am
Levon wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:42 pm
charlestonalum wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:33 pm They will win another game: maybe this one.
I'm here for the ride regardless and am pulling for them on every pitch. I just am not optimistic.
What a ride. Glad the optimism was justified!
Amen, brother! Need the pessimism kicked outta me from time-to-time :D
by roanoke
Sat May 20, 2023 5:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arky #3

We win.

19-11 in the SEC. We will double host.

Great job coaches, team and pitching staff. We just won a series against #2 without two starting pitchers.
by Levon
Sat May 20, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arky #3

That 8th inning last night laid a path from darkness to light, from doubt to confidence. This was a different team today from the last 3+ weeks, this was a team that remembered how to win, with 2nd/3rd line pitchers valiantly stepping into the breach to hold their team together. My hope for the next...
by nyyankeeDore
Sat May 20, 2023 7:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 8th Inning Wow!

The early evidence indicates that last night's 8h inning was as positive a pivot for the VandyBoys as the the 9th inning of game 1 in Knoxville was negative. I hope it stays that way for the next four or five weeks.
by secchamp
Mon May 22, 2023 7:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prince Kollie

charlestonalum wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:17 pm What about him? Is he in portsl?
He announced his commitment to Vanderbilt today! He's going to be a great addition!
by bornadore57
Mon May 22, 2023 9:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VandyWhit

Always a fan of VandyWhit. She (?) loved Vandy women's basketball and helped me love it more. She was always a voice of reason. I miss her, am grateful for her time on Vandymania, and wish her all the best.
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Tue May 23, 2023 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Corbs We Trust!

Quite possibly the best on-field coaching of Corbin's career. Honestly, we have some talent, but we should not have been close to 19 SEC wins with this roster. Just being honest. He did a great job. I do have one significant complaint, and it is becoming a trend; whether it is Brown or the strength/...
by UltimateVUFan
Thu May 25, 2023 10:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Florida in Hoover thread

6 runs on 4 hits vs. 3 on 10
Sigh
by roanoke
Sat May 27, 2023 4:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Florida 2nd game SECT Thread

JD Thompson. Pitching well.

Not getting many favors from the ump, either.

Not getting low strikes - and just denied one that seemed dead middle.
by UltimateVUFan
Sat May 27, 2023 10:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Field of 64 rumblings

If VU doesn’t receive a national seed they were hosed, because they certainly earned one.
by MrMemorial
Sun May 28, 2023 9:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In my opinion, it wouldn't be the end of the World.............

I believe only Graysen Carter has not pitched this week, so anybody else that pitches will be on a limited pitch count. Carter has 13 appearances for a total of 28.2 innings. His longest stint was 5 innings against Lipscomb. Also remember this is the 5th game in the tournament for Vandy but the 6th...
by historybill
Sun May 28, 2023 4:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC Championship: Vandy-Texas A&M

I did, and turned on the radio coverage. Much better. Those tv announcers are like sitting in front of 3 idiotic frat boys who never shut up and who have no interesting experiences or thoughts
by geeznotagain
Sun May 28, 2023 5:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This was a masterfully managed tournament by our skipper.
by oakparkDore
Sun May 28, 2023 5:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s damned rewarding to be a Vanderbilt baseball fan.
by historybill
Sun May 28, 2023 5:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let's hope that winning the SEC tournament gives our team confidence, but not satisfaction. In any case, it is remarkable that only 9 days ago, Vanderbilt was trailing Arkansas 8-2 in the 8th inning and appeared to be on the verge of being swept (again), and there appeared to be little chance that t...
by Commodorable
Sun May 28, 2023 6:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I LOVE keeping up with you guys before, during, and after the games. I can’t wait to buy my Championship shirt. It’s funny. My husband is a Maryland Terp fan and they won the Big Ten tournament a few minutes before we won ours. Their shirt is already up. Where’s ours??? Looking forward to the 11:00 ...
by roanoke
Sun May 28, 2023 8:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to RJ Austin

SECT Most Outstanding Player

We had a lot of guys step up!!

The bottom of the lineup did a lot of damage. Keep it going!!!
by EagleDore
Mon May 29, 2023 7:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations to RJ Austin

Great to see Austin have an outstanding tournament. I enjoyed seeing him with the SEC Network guys afterwards for the interview. Seems like a great guy (as do all of our players). A few wild pitches aside, overall, our pitching did what it needed to do also these last two games especially. Credit to...
by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 30, 2023 9:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Vandy187187 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:21 pm Personally, I hope he goes somewhere else after all this. He's not THAT good.
Pretty sure you’re the only one who feels this way on both counts. Certainly the latter point, anyway. Ty is an all-SEC caliber player.
by Hutch37
Wed May 31, 2023 8:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Lets get the facts straight- Stack encouraged Tyrin to submit for the draft- CJS knows how beneficial this can be to the player- if he gets told he will be drafted first round then that will usually mean that he goes pro. We would miss him on the team but that is a great sign for us to crank out NBA...