Search found 163 matches

Return

by commadore
Wed May 10, 2023 10:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The color guy last night

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:22 am The color guy last night...shouldn't be a color guy.
I LOVE IT!
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed May 10, 2023 4:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A second stadium construction live stream is up

BrentVU wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:05 pm Kind of reminds me of Stonehenge right now.
by MrMemorial
Wed May 10, 2023 5:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Year's Starting 5

I can't name any schools, but I feel confident that we're probably not the only school in this situation given the craziness out there. By mid-April there were at least 6 mid-major conference that had lost between 30 and 40 percent of their roster to the portal. per a recent article: According to a...
by Foreverhopeful
Thu May 11, 2023 4:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

Jason94 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:40 pm
Foreverhopeful wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:58 pm If you think there is someone better out there for us…..good luck with that!
Do you think that making the NCAA tournament is a pipe dream, and that only with extreme luck we can get there?
I think a lot of pieces have to fall into place. I think we should have been selected this year!
by Troubadore
Thu May 11, 2023 11:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

One might think that if a major D1 college player is good enough to make the NBA, he'd focus on his relationship with the school, teammates, classmates, learning a little bit in a course or two, and maximizing his skills under a solid coach, knowing he's going to cash in shortly anyway. No need to d...
by geeznotagain
Sat May 13, 2023 3:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence at the G League combine today

In the G league team basketball may be non-existent. Lawrence may miss those QMB screens.
by AuricGoldfinger
Sun May 14, 2023 9:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt joins Conference USA

Look at Don out here trying to get everyone all stirred up by posting this on the football board without any context in the subject heading... :lol:
by jeff93
Sun May 14, 2023 11:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CBS Sports: Vandy included among the losers in the transfer market

It would be really good to know what happened. I am a Stack supporter but something doesn't add up. You finish the season one of the hottest teams in the country, you are returning an all senior starting 5 (Manjon, Laurence (senior in years on campus), Wright, Stute, and QMB) which would be one of t...
by MemorialMagic
Tue May 16, 2023 8:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Honestly, this is hard to take. This school and staff has put a lot into Tyrin, and he treats us this way? Free education at a top 20 university for one. Lots of hours working with him to develop his skills. Got him a lot of air time and plenty of promotional work by the Vandy marketing department. ...
by Foreverhopeful
Tue May 16, 2023 9:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What happened to the site?

I thought the site might have entered the transfer portal, or at least attended a Bruce Pearl barbecue.
by OldDude
Wed May 17, 2023 2:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Look I want Tyrin back - absolutely no reservations about that. Even beyond that though, this NIL crap is the crap future we face and VU has to find a way to deal with that. It is hard for me to fathom that Vandy , even fully accepting the academic priority of most wealthy supporters, cannot find a ...
by Go Vandy!
Wed May 17, 2023 3:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corbs says Holton unlikely for this weekend; Owen 50/50

Remember when- this is probably not the right time for levity, or maybe- CTC used to list pitchers' names as leadoff (or cleanup?) hitters? Those were carefree days when we all were young and full of vim & vigor.
by geeznotagain
Wed May 17, 2023 9:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence at the G League combine today

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:17 am FWIW Lawrence did not receive an invite to the NBA draft combine, which started yesterday.
Explains the photo I saw this evening of Bruce Pearl. He had a big grin on his face, an open checkbook in one hand, and a binky in the other hand,
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu May 18, 2023 11:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ven-Allen Lubin is a Commodore

Much-needed news:
by roanoke
Fri May 19, 2023 7:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ven-Allen Lubin is a Commodore

I do think the Florida Atlantic model is consistent with Stack's vision of waves of guys playing tough defense and wearing teams down. While we have shown signs of wanting to do this in the past, we have not had enough players to actually do it. This squad seems pretty deep on athletes - we just nee...
by buffy
Fri May 19, 2023 8:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ven-Allen Lubin is a Commodore

Evaluating Stack, no one can argue he's giving less than a 100% for Vanderbilt. I'm grateful for him.
by mathguy
Fri May 19, 2023 3:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Derrian Ford to Arkansas State

bornadore57 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:51 pm Didn't we have room for Lawrence and Ford? I'm hoping Lawrence comes back and we come up with a more experienced big man, to round out the roster.
Room on the roster? Sure. Room on the court, not so much.
by Foreverhopeful
Fri May 19, 2023 4:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Derrian Ford to Arkansas State

Vandy187187 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:30 pm Am I the only one who doesn't know who Tyrin is?
Yes, you are.
by Levon
Sat May 20, 2023 3:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arky #3

Ump called strikes on both Schreck & Noland this inning that were in the same spot that he didn't call strike 3 for Schultz in the top half of the inning. Very frustrating.
by nyyankeeDore
Sat May 20, 2023 7:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 8th Inning Wow!

The early evidence indicates that last night's 8h inning was as positive a pivot for the VandyBoys as the the 9th inning of game 1 in Knoxville was negative. I hope it stays that way for the next four or five weeks.