Search found 163 matches

Return

by charlestonalum
Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This weekend has me a little down so…

Come on guys - baseball team is in very good shape. We all hate losing to UT, but lot more games out there and we have a good team. We will be fine.
by OldDude
Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deion Sanders is the antithesis of Clark Lea

"It makes a mockery of what the sport is"

I liked the article, but have to say that college sports long ago descended past "mockery" status.
by vandy05
Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

Maybe it’s just me, but all these academic juniors leaving one year shy of a VU degree just seems shortsighted. I know that to some extent the quality of a degree is limited by your career goals. If you don’t plan to continue in academia in pursuit of an advanced degree, then a degree from another ...
by vandybrad
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I Absolutely Hate the Transfer Portal and the NIL

After playing and coaching the greatest game ever invented, at 62 years old I absolutely despise the NCAA and what they have done to college basketball. This Transfer portal and NIL are the worst things ever and will be the destruction of college basketball. The only reason a kid should leave school...
by OldDude
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe it’s just me, but all these academic juniors leaving one year shy of a VU degree just seems shortsighted. I know that to some extent the quality of a degree is limited by your career goals. If you don’t plan to continue in academia in pursuit of an advanced degree, then a degree from another ...
by historybill
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I Absolutely Hate the Transfer Portal and the NIL

I'm with you. I hate it. During the Stallings years, there were a lot of fine young men who played for Vanderbilt for 4 years (or at least 3) who my son and I got to know at the games and basketball camps and such. I've got photos of my son with Jeff Taylor, Lance Goulborne, Festus Ezeli and John Je...
by Labradore
Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy in the mix for Campbell transfer Anthony Dell'Orso

I will point out that 6’6” is arguably the perfect basketball height… think of the Chicago Bulls teams that started 4 6’6” guys and a center for multiple championships (Rodman, Harper, Jordan, Pippen, plus whoever)… I’m being a little tongue-in-cheek, but it really is the size that conceivably gives...
by Obvious
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sure it's near impossible to run a program with no transfers but we shouldn't lose players at the rate we do. There will always be a kid that wants more pt, be closer to home, etc... but the fact we have so many core players leaving for equal or lesser programs points to a deeper problem. I thi...
by MrMemorial
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UltimateVUFan wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:33 pm Sadly, I believe MrMemorial is correct.
This whole covid year/portal/NIL combination is uncharted waters. Without unlimited booster involvement...a puzzle with no answer.
by Ndorefin
Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe Lawrence is the only one who could draw decent NIL money from another school. Wright may get some, but, he’s a grad transfer who’s going home….I don’t blame him, but I doubt NIL was the motivating factor on its own. I also believe Lawrence needs the money and has been recruited before he h...
by mathguy
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Honestly, there is no difference in these athletes and everyone else in there generation. They want a job where they can work from home, start at $75 an hour, play with the cat and watch some tv during work hours. If someone pushes back, they quit and sit at home collecting their unemployment until...
by bernstml19
Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tampa Bay Rays

100% the game with NIL is effectively now like a cowboy league without a salary cap or any sort of contractual arrangement between players. Mathematically if there were perfect information, the best players will cluster to the NBA, and then below that will cluster together at schools offering the be...
by buffy
Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bruce Pearl.....whoring kids in financially fragile situations is one way of going through life.

I'm sure no illegal contact happened.
by Foreverhopeful
Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: High Profile Transfers

There are lots of reasons we aren’t going to be a Top 25 team every year- the NIL now being a main one.
by MrMemorial
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ze’Rik Onyema

and... drumroll please...

C-USA Commissioner's Honor Roll (2021)
C-USA Commissioner's Academic Medalist (2021)
by Boris
Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And one last word on Aristotle.... https://minervawisdomcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/article_5b439354a1b57.jpg "Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved" --- Aristotle DISCLAIMER: Don't repeat that on the "other" VU sports forum That shouldn't rile up t...
by Levon
Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt-Kentucky 3

Levon wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:56 pm Surely a pinch hitter here for Espinal.
Like I said, let Espy hit! :D
by vandy05
Mon May 01, 2023 11:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: D1 Baseball sucks.

And they really stunk up the joint last week when they only dropped us one spot when we got swept by an unranked UT team when we also went 0-4 for the week (sarcasm alert).

I think we ought not complain all that much.
by BDR-Dore
Tue May 02, 2023 9:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yesterdays game

After the game, the game winning ball was laying in the outfield about 15 feet from the wall. A kid was lowered over the wall and picked up the ball and ran back to the wall. He was picked back up over the wall by a couple of adults. Question, will Vandy be fined for fan storming the field?