Search found 51 matches

Return

by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 09, 2023 9:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Louisville

Hell of a game. Big comeback. Great composure down the stretch.
by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 09, 2023 9:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The cycle of panic on Vandymania

What we have traded so far with this off-season is certainty for uncertainty. We will be less experienced. We seem that we will be smaller. We will need freshmen and/or transfers to make immediate impacts. We will also be well coached. With a coach whose teams get better throughout the season. And ...
by UltimateVUFan
Wed May 10, 2023 11:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hunter Dickinson and NIL

Eh. I guess. I earned both my bachelor’s and master’s degrees at VU. Did pretty well re: accrued debt, relatively speaking. I’ve been a public school teacher my entire career (midpoint right now). I could make more money doing many other things, even within the education sector. I’m where I am becau...
by UltimateVUFan
Thu May 11, 2023 7:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Notre Dame LB transfer headed to Vandy?

Vandy187187 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:54 pm More evidence of this football staff having their act together. Maybe we should give him a basketball scholarship to play football.
Dude. Give it a rest. You’re being very undude.
by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 16, 2023 7:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone else…

…glad the MTSU game got rained out?

Frankly, with Arkansas rolling into town in a few days, I think the extra rest and hopefully some focus on the mental aspects of the game might do the team some good.
Fingers crossed for a series win to propel them into the SECT back on track.
by UltimateVUFan
Thu May 18, 2023 6:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arky 1

Great. Caught the lead off man in a run down and throw it away to give up second. Already looking like the team we’ve seen since UT.
by UltimateVUFan
Fri May 19, 2023 4:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ven-Allen Lubin is a Commodore

I feel pretty good about the sophomores, but I'd be surprised if we don't lose at least two of the freshmen. At the moment our rotation is almost certain to have the following: Lose two freshmen? 7 out of 9 returning does qualify as "most" last time I checked. where did I disagree with &q...
by UltimateVUFan
Sat May 20, 2023 2:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arky #3

Defense needs to step up now. No more freebies, dang it!
by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 23, 2023 10:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Lawrence

Never said VU played well in November and December. But they played a more challenging OOC schedule (98, according to kenpom) than several SEC teams that made the cut ahead of them who I argue shouldn’t have (particularly MSU with their #277 OOC schedule, head-to-head loss, and 4 fewer SEC wins). I ...
by UltimateVUFan
Wed May 24, 2023 10:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Lawrence

Valid enough critique, but I still stand by the assertion that had VU played an easier schedule (say, on par with MSU’s abysmal preconference slate), they likely wouldn’t have suffered as many OOC losses. And they would’ve been fine come selection Sunday. Still waiting for that UK discrepancy explan...
by UltimateVUFan
Thu May 25, 2023 10:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Florida in Hoover thread

6 runs on 4 hits vs. 3 on 10
Sigh
by UltimateVUFan
Fri May 26, 2023 8:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alabama SEC game

These announcers are total Bama homers. Calling that the ball clearly hit the batter. Idiots.
Ref immediately confirms no HBP.
by UltimateVUFan
Sat May 27, 2023 7:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another pitching injury: Ryan Ginther

charlestonalum wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:17 am Ouch: that hurts.
Literally
by UltimateVUFan
Sat May 27, 2023 4:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Florida 2nd game SECT Thread

UltimateVUFan wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:24 pm Coming out of this inning with only one run would hurt.
Ha. On cue.
Let’s add another!
by UltimateVUFan
Sat May 27, 2023 4:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Florida 2nd game SECT Thread

Reports of VU’s death due to lack of pitching depth have been greatly exaggerated.
by UltimateVUFan
Sat May 27, 2023 10:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Field of 64 rumblings

If VU doesn’t receive a national seed they were hosed, because they certainly earned one.
by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 30, 2023 9:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Vandy187187 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:21 pm Personally, I hope he goes somewhere else after all this. He's not THAT good.
Pretty sure you’re the only one who feels this way on both counts. Certainly the latter point, anyway. Ty is an all-SEC caliber player.
by UltimateVUFan
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roster Thoughts

buffy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:55 pm How 'bout an 'adda-boy' to Coach Stackhouse. We were all considering hara-kiri after the portal opened, and now we're clearly in better shape. I'm absolutely grateful and honored to have Mr. Stackhouse as our coach. The guy gives everything he has.
Nice hara-kiri reference
by UltimateVUFan
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Oregon thread

We need our bats to come alive against Xavier. Get a big lead so we can cruise and not destroy our pitching, what we have left of it. Weather could be a factor. 50% chance of thunderstorms from 2pm-8pm. Would love to beat Xavier then have a weather delay that forces a potential doubleheader Monday.
by UltimateVUFan
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Xavier Thread

Well. I did say before the first pitch that I wanted a win against Xavier then a weather delay to force a potential doubleheader tomorrow.
Maybe I’ll get my wish???