Search found 7 matches

Return

by Johnmn555
Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Here are your 2024 opponents

I'll be happy to see the book closed on the "SEC" as it has been on the SWC and Big 8, among others. The moniker is no longer applicable, nor is the spirit of the league. College football has changed, and continues to. We might as well accept it and let go of the past. I hate that I'm say...
by Johnmn555
Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another (!) 2024 commitment: C.J. Williams 6-8 350 OT Deerfield (Mass.) Academy

Is there any truth to the rumor that they had special orders from Land's End for him while he at Deerfield?

The least expensive scholarship per pound in school history.
by Johnmn555
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I think this is a first

[ What was Jay Cutler rated? Ralph Webb? [/quote] Irrelevant. If our average number of stars is low, the chances are that the overall class won't be that good. I believe Cutler was a one star who was the last player offered by Woody. So what kind of class would you get if you had 20 one stars? One ...
by Johnmn555
Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Gaines

I went to see the courageous and articulate advocate for womens' sports Riley Gaines speak before a large think tank audience tonight. She mentioned her father Brad 8-10 times, with an especially funny antecdote about how he went on the warpath and threatened to take matters into his own hands when ...
by Johnmn555
Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clark Lea signs contract extension

So he already apparently was under contract for four more seasons, and now they are extending him three more. Is that really necessary? Did we learn anything from extending Derek Mason only to have things go South as soon as we did? Everyone is happy with him now, but this board will be on fire if w...
by Johnmn555
Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Officiating at last year's Vandy-UT game

Maybe he'd like to talk about the atrocity at the end of the Florida game, too. Watched that game again yesterday. Got mad all over. Showed it to my wife who asked two questions: 1. Why did they stop the clock with 2 seconds left when the guy was tackled without getting a first down and without goi...
by Johnmn555
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mike Wright

Personally, I think they should let Seals play more if nothing else to spur Swann to start looking at the field rather than locking on to one receiver. He should have been playing before it was 40-10. What are the chances that they will need him in a tight game at some point? High. What are the cha...