Jump to topic

Re: Jason Rivera-Torres to announce tomorrow

Thank you for the wonderful news!
by Obvious
Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own decisions. I just wished to see the team try to run it back. They were scary good the last couple months of the season.
by Obvious
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sure it's near impossible to run a program with no transfers but we shouldn't lose players at the rate we do. There will always be a kid that wants more pt, be closer to home, etc... but the fact we have so many core players leaving for equal or lesser programs points to a deeper problem. I thi...
by Obvious
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stackhouse has a good blueprint for getting to the NBA. He’s a great developer. If these kids say they want to go to the league but don’t want to work for it then it’s on them. They want to be paid like pros but they also get their feelings hurt. The real world has come to them.
by Obvious
Fri May 05, 2023 12:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

MrMemorial wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:06 pm
Obvious wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:38 pm He has a baby and he wants to make money. It’s not wrong of him. I just don’t want to cheer for him. I will always support Vanderbilt and how they operate.
Didn't Dan Langhi have a wife and kid? You didn't see him bolt for $$.
There wasn’t NIL in 1999.
by Obvious
Tue May 09, 2023 9:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Year's Starting 5

Think about it. Last year's starting 5 one time or another has transferred or graduated. Rollins-G, Lawrence -T, Jordon -T, Thomas -T, QMB- T, Stute- T What other major 5 team can say this? Rollins? Oh robbins. Sorry. Jordan also graduated. Lawrence tested the nba waters and entered the transfer po...
by Obvious
Tue May 09, 2023 10:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So any news on...

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:57 am
Obvious wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:52 am May 12 we should have all of our answers.
That's the deadline for players entering the portal. Transfers can still commit and enroll after that date.
Thank you for correcting that. Sorry, maybe no answers this week.
by Obvious
Tue May 09, 2023 9:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The cycle of panic on Vandymania

What we have traded so far with this off-season is certainty for uncertainty. We will be less experienced. We seem that we will be smaller. We will need freshmen and/or transfers to make immediate impacts. We will also be well coached. With a coach whose teams get better throughout the season. And ...
by Obvious
Wed May 17, 2023 7:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OK Back To Recruiting

Vandy187187 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:21 pm What if Dort gets an injury next year like he did this year? Then what?
Quality 7 footers don’t grow on trees. If he’s injured then you worry about it. Such is the case for every team.
by Obvious
Thu May 18, 2023 6:52 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OK Back To Recruiting

mathguy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:16 am
Vandy187187 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:21 pm What if Dort gets an injury next year like he did this year? Then what?
Then we remember the time Vandy made the sweet 16 with Ross Neltner pretending he was a center.
And Dan cage at power forward
by Obvious
Mon May 22, 2023 6:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasos Kamateros

Minoadoc wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:51 pm South Dakota transfer, 6'8". 240. 12.5/6.4.1.7, 40.1%3pt, 83%FT. PF/C, grad transfer
Don’t let the high outside shooting percentage fool you, I’ve read he’s also a physical player. This is a great fit for us. Tyrin should be coming back any day now to fill the final spot.
by Obvious
Tue May 30, 2023 6:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Not back to Vanderbilt yet. He withdrew from the portal and is going back to a school.
by Obvious
Wed May 31, 2023 4:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is a horrible take. Without Lawrence, we have NIT level talent. With him we should make the tournament. Why would you not want to have someone who helps the team make the touranment? Yah like dude is just tryna negotiate. College is a big bidniz. You know I'm declaring free agency when I'm a f...
by Obvious
Wed May 31, 2023 9:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don’t engage with the troll.
by Obvious
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don’t engage with the troll. Not trolling. Just speaking facts. The only reason everybody is freaking out is because we lost 10 other players over the years that would have been better had they stayed or we recruited better on our misses. players like tyrin are a dime a dozen 3 years in now with th...
by Obvious
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roster Thoughts

My personal pick for a sleeper next year is Paul Lewis. He hit some very big shots down the stretch last season. I really like his confidence and clutch shot making abilities.
by Obvious
Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Addition

https://vanderbilt.rivals.com/news/vanderbilt-adds-texas-a-m-transfer-jordan-williams I'm not quite sure I understand this addition. I don't see him as a better prospect than West, and we already have Manjon, Lewis and West at the PG position. I'm also not following how he fits from a scholarship s...