Search found 8 matches

Return

by historybill
Sun May 07, 2023 7:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Road teams taking a beating this weekend

commadore wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:19 pm Looks like Wake Forrest will be #1 this week.
The private school in Winston Salem is not named for Nathan Bedford and has only one R.
by roanoke
Sat May 13, 2023 10:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slugfests

We can win slugfests, but we need discipline. We just beat Louisville 12-8 on the road. The issue is: our leadoff guys need to work counts (especially if the strike zone is a thimble) not hack at the first pitch. With two strikes we need to choke up, go for contact, and go with pitches instead of pu...
by commadore
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KICKOFF TIMES SET for first four games of 2023

4pm local kickoff in Vegas for the UNLV game. I'm not saying I'm going to Vegas for the social aspect, but that kickoff time will hopefully allow for some additional nightlife enjoyment after the game. I was really hoping for a noon local kickoff or 1pm, but this is much preferred to a 7pm local ki...
by historybill
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Here are your 2024 opponents

To many of us who grew up in the 10-team SEC, this obviously no longer even feels like an SEC schedule. We don't play EITHER Mississippi team OR Georgia OR Florida. Alabama won't play either Mississippi team either in 2024. Auburn doesn't play LSU. They need to just change the name of the conference...
by historybill
Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So who is everyone pulling for.....

I've been pulling for the SEC my whole life, but now that the SEC is taking on Texas and Oklahoma and will consist of 16 teams, I can't do it anymore. With 16 teams, many of which were hand picked because they ARE huge schools that overemphasize athletics, the SEC SHOULD dominate all sports. At this...
by roanoke
Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt-Hawaii game thread

4th and 1 and we go fast. And stub our toe.

Going fast is now 0 for 3 tonight. When everything else is working - don’t do what isn’t working.
by BrentVU
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:58 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hawaii fan points out that Vandy's visitor locker room is actually... a tent

They do, reportedly have showers and bathrooms... not sure about air conditioning...
by Ndorefin
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Alabama A&M thread

TnValleyDore wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:26 pm Not enough confidence to call a TO on 3rd and 11 - losing 30 seconds. On the other hand, we won’t face a better FCS team than A&M this season.
We won’t face a worse one either!