Search found 91 matches

Return

by commadore
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy Eastern Illinois thread

Stroooong 8th by Schultz, 3 dominant Ks. That should give us all a warm fuzzy :) And a strong 9th as well. Very encouraging late season surge by Schultz. His stuff looked good I thought - fastball was 93-95 and looked like it had life (I’m betting he has improved his spin rate). Easy to forget that...
by commadore
Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will tomorrow's game be on tv?

BTW, the midweek games were all on SEC Network +, which only requires you have the sec channel in your provider.
by commadore
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:01 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Auburn on the verge of elimination

Vandy on the verge of elimination. Hell with Auburn.
by commadore
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Athletic (premium): Best signee, biggest bust etc. in VU recruiting history

I feel like there's a gray area between "pre-internet era" and "modern era." Chris Young and Jimmy Williams were both huge recruits in the mid-to-late 1990s. Is that pre-internet? I know the internet was around then, but was it as influential pre-social media? Or are they consid...
by commadore
Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 21st Century Teams

geeznotagain wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:07 pm Corey Smith?

And Dan Langhi played in 2000. 21st century?

Also, if we deduct for fewer years we need to reward for more years. So Josh Henderson, with a 9 year career, has to be our center.
Technically, 2000 is still part of the 20th century, despite what the press and other idiots said.
by commadore
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:11 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poor, poor tennessee

Okay, I'll weigh in, by repeating UT pitcher Camden Sewell: "We fell short. But if you want to end your season, this is the place you want to end it." If he deigned to think about it at all, he might have added: "Not in some regional game, against Xavier!" :cool: Thank you Fayet...
by commadore
Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big transfer pickup: P Sawyer Hawks from Air Force

Instead of signing 6-7 five stars and losing them to the pros, we might do better to sign all four stars.
by commadore
Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commitment (2024) Dontae Carter 6-2 172 WR/DB Cibolo-Steele, TX

Kid appears to have good hands, good footwork, good speed, and has his head together. Welcome again, Dontae.
by commadore
Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Officiating at last year's Vandy-UT game

Maybe he'd like to talk about the atrocity at the end of the Florida game, too. Watched that game again yesterday. Got mad all over. Showed it to my wife who asked two questions: 1. Why did they stop the clock with 2 seconds left when the guy was tackled without getting a first down and without goi...
by commadore
Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preseason all-SEC teams announced

Screw them all. I wish we could pull off Missouri, Kentucky, and Florida, then one more and then tell them all to go to hell.
by commadore
Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Don't look now but...

Maybe they have a shot at the Recruiting National Championship? It's about as close as they will get to a championship in any sport other than Life. There's always the "Best College Football Program in America" to fall back on. Oh Fayettevile, you just make me laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lo...
by commadore
Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Strange time to be playing a football game against Hawaii

My wife and I went to Maui both of the last two times we played in the Maui Invitational. Wonderful and beautiful area, with very nice people and a romantic atmosphere. It breaks my heart to see the town devastated like this. The huge banyan tree, the old time drugstore bar with the best chocolate s...
by commadore
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 247 Sports: The gospel according to Lea: Vanderbilt's blueprint to become the hallmark of college football success

A man’s reach must exceed his grasp …. (Browning) Lea’s goal is noble as hell, and worthy as hell, but basically un-graspable. I think deep down we all know that. I call bovine feces. In 2001, would you have ever bet we would have two national championships, two runners up, and five trips to the co...
by commadore
Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt-Hawaii game thread

Those fatass 325 pound offensive linemen need to BLOCK!
by commadore
Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Running does NOT look good. We have 12 runs for a whopping 20 yards. That won't win many games.
by commadore
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it is "or."
by commadore
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We have NO running game.

Passing game is another thing though.
by commadore
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am glad we won, BUT...

I think that unless there is some SIGNIFICANT improvement, we are going 2-10.