Search found 32 matches

Return

by Levon
Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-South Carolina game 2 thread

Carter & Reilly, members of the pitching staff with no depth (sorry), got 19 outs while facing only 22 hitters, with nothing even close to a scoring threat. Carter got 7 outs, Reilly 12, about what you would hope or expect to get from them, setting up Maldo the Elder to get the last 6 outs. Cart...
by Vandy187187
Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy vs Tennessee Game 1

That was the best infield play I have seen in a LOOOOOOOONG time
by Levon
Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy vs Tennessee Game 1

Why we don't use every arm we can is beyond me. I said it earlier. No reason for anyone to pitch more than an inning with this BP. Be fresh, be nimble In all fairness to Maldo, that slider that was going to land in the back of the LH batters box. No way that ball can be hit, certainly not with auth...
by Vandysmith
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

Right now I am done with this team and Stack......something is wrong that Stack can't keep players. SOMETHING!!! I am sure I will feel different by Fall but so pissed right now. I'm mad about this, transfer portal has turn this into no fun if you have a new team each year, wondering what will happe...
by dore74
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big money for athletes and VU are not a good match. Could be the end of schools like ours competing in big time college sports if that is what the model is (very quickly) evolving to. From what I've read in other posts and elsewhere, it does seem that that players like Tyrin get approached by other ...
by 3rdFloorDyer
Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This weekend has me a little down so…

… I think I’ll head over to the basketball forum.
by mathguy
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big money for athletes and VU are not a good match. Could be the end of schools like ours competing in big time college sports if that is what the model is (very quickly) evolving to. From what I've read in other posts and elsewhere, it does seem that that players like Tyrin get approached by other...
by ymtn64
Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is certainly not most of the players, but there are several earning in the $500,000 a year range now. A few earn around 1 million, and at least one, maybe a couple more earn above that. I've tried to get a better feel for the "average" NIL deal for basketball, but so far I don't think...
by bernstml19
Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tampa Bay Rays

100% the game with NIL is effectively now like a cowboy league without a salary cap or any sort of contractual arrangement between players. Mathematically if there were perfect information, the best players will cluster to the NBA, and then below that will cluster together at schools offering the be...
by dore74
Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy in the mix for Campbell transfer Anthony Dell'Orso

Would like to have an adult beverage with Coach Stack and get his take on this whole mess. I imagine this must be beating the heck out of him. Moreover, how does he see the world of college hoops and VU hoops in particular dealing with all this going forward. He's a guy that calls it as he sees it. ...
by vandy05
Mon May 01, 2023 11:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: D1 Baseball sucks.

And they really stunk up the joint last week when they only dropped us one spot when we got swept by an unranked UT team when we also went 0-4 for the week (sarcasm alert).

I think we ought not complain all that much.
by rEvUrB
Tue May 02, 2023 7:26 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy’s actual approach to NIL

Sounds like you better get used to Vanderbilt being a farm team for the rest of the conference.

I’m sure we’re not alone here. Colllege sports is about to be boiled down to a handful of haves pretty soon, more so than it is already.

Feels like the beginning of the end of major college sports.
by BDR-Dore
Tue May 02, 2023 9:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yesterdays game

After the game, the game winning ball was laying in the outfield about 15 feet from the wall. A kid was lowered over the wall and picked up the ball and ran back to the wall. He was picked back up over the wall by a couple of adults. Question, will Vandy be fined for fan storming the field?
by Levon
Fri May 05, 2023 7:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alabama game 2

charlestonalum wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:13 pm Bradfield is a gem - what a catch.
We are so fortunate to have been able to watch him play CF the last three years.
by OldDude
Thu May 11, 2023 1:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

They could make 20% on that endowment and not a penny would or could go into the NIL. That money has to come from outsiders who want name, image, likeness from the players. [/quote] Think you are right about the school directly funding NIL (though I think personally that is idiotic given the mere e...
by OldDude
Wed May 17, 2023 2:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Look I want Tyrin back - absolutely no reservations about that. Even beyond that though, this NIL crap is the crap future we face and VU has to find a way to deal with that. It is hard for me to fathom that Vandy , even fully accepting the academic priority of most wealthy supporters, cannot find a ...
by Vandy187187
Wed May 17, 2023 7:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence at the G League combine today

commadore wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:25 pm
AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:19 pm Rough day 2 for Tyrin at the combine today:
Dems de breaks.
Ouch
by charlestonalum
Thu May 18, 2023 8:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Regional

We will not be a national seed. We lost it in the 9th inning in Knoxville. We have not recovered from that sudden collapse...
by nyyankeeDore
Mon May 29, 2023 7:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Selection show

I see a path to Omaha, but playing some other league champions. Seeded # 6 overall. RPIs VandyBoys 7 Oregon 34 Xavier 44 EIU 114 and around the corner... DBU16 Okie State 17 Washington 36 ORU 76 SEC network show "road to Omaha" consensus is that of top 6 seeds, VU has the hardest games. W...
by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 30, 2023 9:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Vandy187187 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:21 pm Personally, I hope he goes somewhere else after all this. He's not THAT good.
Pretty sure you’re the only one who feels this way on both counts. Certainly the latter point, anyway. Ty is an all-SEC caliber player.