Search found 32 matches

Return

by Michidore
Wed May 31, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snedeker Returns to PGA Tour

Here is a link to an article from the Tennessean: https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2023/05/31/brandt-snedeker-returns-pga-tour-after-9-month-layoff/70273846007/ A quick summary: Brandt was diagnosed in 2016 with a problem with his sternum. He had been getting stem cell treatments in South Ame...
by MikeADore
Wed May 31, 2023 5:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agata Makurat Seems Ready

Agata seems to be counting down the days, and that makes me happy. I am very excited about this young lady. She has a chance to be a terrific shooting guard/wing player. Can run, handle the ball, shoot from all over and pass it. Classes start Tuesday, and freshmen usually move in the weekend before....
by vutrain
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Xavier Thread

Well, glad I went to Hoovr this year. It was a bit more fun.
That was good showing by the VANDYBoys this year. I wish our pitchers had stayed healthy.
by nyyankeeDore
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NIL vs IRS

It is possible (theoretically at least) that the player's support and endorsement of the charity could bring in enough additional donations to justify his compensation. The test is supposed to be that the money paid to the athlete is "reasonable compensation" paid by the business or charit...
by commadore
Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 21st Century Teams

geeznotagain wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:07 pm Corey Smith?

And Dan Langhi played in 2000. 21st century?

Also, if we deduct for fewer years we need to reward for more years. So Josh Henderson, with a 9 year career, has to be our center.
Technically, 2000 is still part of the 20th century, despite what the press and other idiots said.
by Nashmann
Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I think this is a first

18 3 stars....we are the ONLY SEC team so far without a 4 star...Mizzu even has two 4-stars. You can say all you want about the star system but we rarely get the numbers the other SEC teams get. Only or mostly 3 stars will keep us at the bottom of the league....
by Johnmn555
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I think this is a first

[ What was Jay Cutler rated? Ralph Webb? [/quote] Irrelevant. If our average number of stars is low, the chances are that the overall class won't be that good. I believe Cutler was a one star who was the last player offered by Woody. So what kind of class would you get if you had 20 one stars? One ...
by baseball1234
Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:52 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another pitcher added via the portal

And most likely we got him for way under NIL slot value.....
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:29 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FSU Athletics Going Private

Might as well just go ahead and spin athletics off. The disconnect with the mission of universities is only increasing. Not saying that student athletes shouldn't share in the proceeds they generate (which we discuss ad infinitum) but NIL and the portal have already made star athletes in the big 3 ...
by VandyJim
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eris Lester Has Vandy on Finalist List

I'd totally love to have Lester. Her crossover is ridiculous. Imagine if we got both Blakes and Lester. How sweet would that be? Coach White ... boy, I'm not a fan. I see her coach a lot up here because I go to Sun games and see her on TV. Putting aside the personal stuff -- I have no knowledge abou...
by Starkiller
Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I wouldn't save any money for bowl tickets

Go Vandy! wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:09 am So the fans predicting 10-2 were probably over-optimistic?
No, just dyslexic
by commadore
Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Alabama A&M thread

They just took 9 minutes off the clock before we ever touched the ball.
71 yards, 20 plays.