Search found 53 matches

Return

by geeznotagain
Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No BJ Mack, but maybe Isaac Jack

Personally, I take a hard pass on Mr. Jack.
by geeznotagain
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hunter Owen doubtful for this weekend

Not to be a pessimist, but I will not be surprised if our "next men up" get pounded. I think we will have to score a bunch of runs to win.
by geeznotagain
Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-South Carolina game 2 thread

Let’s get 6 runs in the 8th so he doesn’t have to pitch the 9th
by geeznotagain
Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forum change: from "likes" to "thanks"

Maybe it's just my resistance to change. But I don't like it. The "thanks" tag makes me think of Miss Manners. "Thanks" and "liking or agreeing" can be totally different concepts.
by geeznotagain
Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy vs Tennessee Game 1

I think Bulger stands too far away from the plate. Can only wave at outside pitches.
by geeznotagain
Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy vs Tennessee Game 1

Well this game we lost on bad decisions. Saw it coming a mile away I disagree. I think having Maldo pitch the 9th was the right move. He’s delivered before and he will again. Didn’t work out. Once they tied it up in the 9th the game was effectively over. Our batters had mailed it in. Just a questio...
by geeznotagain
Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: For those playing along at home, VU still has two remaining roster spots

Regarding QMB -- haven't grad schools completed determining who's coming in the fall by now and so informed the applicants, both athletes and non-athletes? Unless any of us know QMB personally, it seems possible to me that he *has* found a school and that the grad school *is* more important to him ...
by geeznotagain
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: For those playing along at home, VU still has two remaining roster spots

I just ran an errand. Went to the cleaners and back. Gone about 20 minutes. Anyone else left while I was gone?
by geeznotagain
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

Honestly, this was an eye roll post for me (sorry commadore). People have been complaining about the lazy shiftless younger generation literally since the time of Aristotle (seriously, you can look it up and find the quotes from Aristotle). What was Aristotle's take on NIL and the portal? I don't k...
by geeznotagain
Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt-Kentucky 3

IMHO, (James K.) Polk is the MVP of this game.
by geeznotagain
Thu May 04, 2023 6:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ze’Rik Onyema

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:17 pm Committed to Texas.
But I bet we were his second favorite school.
by geeznotagain
Sat May 06, 2023 11:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Austin Martin

I ran across an update on Austin a couple of days ago. He is in the Twins organization, last played in Double A, where he had a sub-par year (batted .241). He is out with an elbow injury (sprained UCL) and there is no definite timetable when he will return. He missed some of last year as well with a...
by geeznotagain
Sat May 06, 2023 1:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alabama #3

Important game. I’m watching my first game in person this year. Hope I bring us luck. Tickets were as low as $3 on stub hub. I splurged for 2 $4 tickets.
by geeznotagain
Sun May 07, 2023 7:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christian Little

If I remember correctly, he threw one of the straightest fastballs I've ever seen.
by geeznotagain
Wed May 10, 2023 9:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Louisville

Corbs pushed all the right buttons in the 12th, though I didn't understand pinch hitting Espinosa with 1 out. He's a high-risk, high-reward hitter who strikes out a lot. Why not a lefty against the right-handed pitcher, or Maldo the Younger, a much better contact hitter. That move mystified me a bi...
by geeznotagain
Wed May 10, 2023 10:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next 7 Games

Speaking of Horn --- He lived on the edge, threw a lot of pitches, allowed base runners, but came through in the clutch. Pitching in game situations (for 3 innings) in a hostile park isn't easy. He gets my vote for game MVP.
by geeznotagain
Sat May 13, 2023 3:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence at the G League combine today

In the G league team basketball may be non-existent. Lawrence may miss those QMB screens.
by geeznotagain
Tue May 16, 2023 7:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What happened to the site?

It was BBTV. The baseball team virus oozed out of the Hawk and has begun to infect all things black & gold. Protect your loved ones.
by geeznotagain
Wed May 17, 2023 9:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence at the G League combine today

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:17 am FWIW Lawrence did not receive an invite to the NBA draft combine, which started yesterday.
Explains the photo I saw this evening of Bruce Pearl. He had a big grin on his face, an open checkbook in one hand, and a binky in the other hand,