Search found 53 matches

Return

by geeznotagain
Thu May 18, 2023 12:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Our Chancellor gets it

I have 4 comments: 1. First (and most importantly) I think his comments are spot on. 2. Almost as importantly, I hope the achievement of some of his athletic goals occur in my lifetime (I'm in my mid-70's). 3. I think his use of FSU rather than a comparable SEC school was tactful. 4. Yes, he underts...
by geeznotagain
Thu May 18, 2023 6:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arky 1

Bird75 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:15 pm Just ride Reilly out at this point
If we do we’ll get 10 run ruled. But that may be our best option. Our 2nd line pitchers suck so bad.
by geeznotagain
Fri May 19, 2023 11:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I’m Very Optimistic for the 2023-2024 Season!!

Repeat after me:

Gotta stay healthy
Gotta stay healthy
Gotta stay healthy
by geeznotagain
Sat May 20, 2023 10:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 8th Inning Wow!

I assumed the awful pop-up bunt was NOT a sacrifice. We were lucky there. We were also lucky on the 0-2 HBP. But damnit we were due for a little luck.

I was shocked that we let LaNeve hit by the way. I thought he would bring in Polk, a right-handed batter. CTC certainly got that one right.
by geeznotagain
Sat May 20, 2023 4:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arky #3

Some good AB’s for Vastine today.
by geeznotagain
Sat May 20, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arky #3

Terrific comeback after the Florida debacle. Many heroes today, but here are my co-MVP's: 1. every pitcher not named Schultz 2. positions 6-9 in the batting order who had 8 hits between them, and 4 of our 5 RBI's 3. me. I rooted harder I think in this game than any other game this season. You're wel...
by geeznotagain
Tue May 23, 2023 10:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SECT

Auburn best pitcher is starting game 1. I guess that’s a plus for us, assuming they win.
by geeznotagain
Wed May 24, 2023 8:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Vandysports Podcast

Versus75 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:12 am
AuricGoldfinger wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:22 am I'm guessing he's trying to decide between returning to school and playing in the G League (assuming that's an option).
Or playing in Europe. Maybe China or Australia.
Those options that you mention sound, to me, more suited for a single guy than a family man with a small child.
by geeznotagain
Thu May 25, 2023 10:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Florida in Hoover thread

Now 0-7 against Vitello and O'Sullivan for the year. Nauseating.
by geeznotagain
Fri May 26, 2023 11:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VU reportedly still out looking at transfer portal options

I know this sounds crazy - but we have so many players of Lawrence's basic profile (albeit none as experienced). If I could choose, I might take a legit big over Tylaw returning. They may fit Lawrence's basic profile, but I bet though don't perform nearly as well. Plus, he knows the offense. No, I ...
by geeznotagain
Sat May 27, 2023 7:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Florida 2nd game SECT Thread

CTC has managed pitching staff well this tournament in order to have Maldo ready for just this moment.
by geeznotagain
Sun May 28, 2023 4:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC Championship: Vandy-Texas A&M

Schultz de MAN in this tourney. Bodes well for our trip to Omaha I think.
by geeznotagain
Sun May 28, 2023 5:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC Championship: Vandy-Texas A&M

This was a masterfully managed tournament by our skipper.
by geeznotagain
Wed May 31, 2023 3:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Personally, I hope he goes somewhere else after all this. He's not THAT good. This is a horrible take. Without Lawrence, we have NIT level talent. With him we should make the tournament. Why would you not want to have someone who helps the team make the touranment? Yah like dude is just tryna negot...
by geeznotagain
Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

True, it’s impossible to judge coaches from different eras. Skinner, in particular, because he coached before Black athletes were such a dominant force in our conference. But I’ll say this about Skinner’s teams. He coached the best passing teams of any VU team that I’ve ever seen. And his teams coul...
by geeznotagain
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OT somewhat: Wake Forest Pitching

As most every poster on this board knows, Wake Forest is the Number 1 national seed. Are they really that good? What do they excel in? My older son graduated from Wake, so I have watched a few of their games this year on the ACC Network and on good old espn+. And while I don’t claim to be an expert,...
by geeznotagain
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Agata Makurat Seems Ready

Should we be concerned? Even just a little bit? Can you hit the transfer portal before you even attend your first class? Turns out she is having Visa problems but should be here in the next week or two. If this is true somebody dropped the ball. This international “trip” was known about months in a...
by geeznotagain
Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 21st Century Teams

Corey Smith?

And Dan Langhi played in 2000. 21st century?

Also, if we deduct for fewer years we need to reward for more years. So Josh Henderson, with a 9 year career, has to be our center.