Search found 30 matches

Return

by MikeADore
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Few Odds 'n Ends

* The team is on the way back from Italy after what was, by all available measures, an absolute success. The girls obviously had a great time together and seemed to perform well on the court in their two games. When they arrive this evening, I wonder if some will split off and try to head home for a...
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A second stadium construction live stream is up

VU1970 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:30 pm
AuricGoldfinger wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:07 pm If you squint really hard, it looks like the Colosseum in Rome.

And I'm wondering where the lions are.
They arrive October 14.
by DonYates
Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:13 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I am glad we won, BUT...

Some of it could be playing a team that you beat by like 50 points last time. Also, maybe we were going vanilla against the teams we should beat to save stuff for the big boys later.
by roanoke
Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

waking up 1-0

Here come a number of stream of consciousness ramblings: Last year we beat Hawaii 63-10. This was a bit of a revenge game for them. Also, the score was a bit misleading: close at half, followed by 2 defensive scores and 2 breakdowns where Wright scampered for miles. Like 28-0 free points. Last night...
by BrentVU
Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ten observations on Vandy’s 35-28 WIN over Hawaii

1. The season started with a bit of Déjà VU… (sigh) a lightning delay. Star Walk got canceled. Fans, who had already arrived early due to all the construction chaos, were forced to take refuge before the game and huddle together, before being allowed to find their seats, in the rain. (Sigh) Let’s fa...
by AuricGoldfinger
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawaii fan points out that Vandy's visitor locker room is actually... a tent

I understand that they are air conditioned, and nicer and roomier than the previous stadium locker rooms (which, having seen, wouldn't be hard to believe).
by AuricGoldfinger
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawaii fan points out that Vandy's visitor locker room is actually... a tent

It should be noted that Texas Tech is also doing construction in their end zone this season, and their opponents' locker room facilities are in modular buildings: https://www.lubbockonline.com/videos/sports/college/red-raiders/2023/08/08/texas-tech-football-visiting-teams-dressing-quarters-season-ou...
by nyyankeeDore
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McGowan has to be salivating ...

commadore wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:26 pm for a kickoff return. Doubt the A&M kicker puts it in the endzone. Little blocking and he could be refining his endzone skills!!
I want McGowan to succeed, but I hope there is only one Alabama A & M kickoff.
by AuricGoldfinger
Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McGugin teases major basketball announcement for Tuesday

Versus75 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:29 pm Vanderbilt will join the PAC-12 Conference!
Now known as 2Pac.