Search found 80 matches

Return

by BrentVU
Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Video: Coach Lea, WR Jayden McGowan, CB Martel Hight talk after Wed. Aug. 9 practice

A dislocated elbow for DL Darren Agu in practice this week, but nothing too permanent (hopefully)...

Coach Clark Lea

WR Jayden McGowan

True freshman CB Martel Hight

by historybill
Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Story about VU alum who probably died in a Soviet gulag

Grew in in Nashville, graduated from East High School, did 2 years in the engineering school and then went off to war: https://www.williamsonherald.com/features/w_life/the-missing-pilot-and-the-old-pennies/article_fe0abe20-3dd6-11ee-a616-0f0eada8a7a2.html I'm posting it here because I don't think ei...
by UltimateVUFan
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unofficial chatter

Trey Thomas is right were he needs to be,or less. I mean. I suppose. I also don’t see any reason to bash the kid. He gave his all for VU for several seasons. Got recruited over, which is good for the program. Still. I would have loved to see him have the opportunity to earn his VU degree. Seemed li...
by BrentVU
Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some thoughts, predictions about the season ahead

Founder's Walk was last weekend. Classes start tomorrow. The heat is still here; it should be close to 90 when Vandy kicks off on Saturday night. Time for some wild predictions about the season... 1. I am unusually bullish on this year's Commodores and think folks are underestimating them; I 'm bold...
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A tradition unlike any other...the official VandyMania pick 'em is back!

Here’s how it works. (The same way it's worked every year, since we started doing this sometime back in the 1970s.) Each week I post a handful of games for your prognosticating pleasure. This includes the Vandy game along with a few others of interest as selected by me. Your job is to pick the winne...
by roanoke
Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

waking up 1-0

Here come a number of stream of consciousness ramblings: Last year we beat Hawaii 63-10. This was a bit of a revenge game for them. Also, the score was a bit misleading: close at half, followed by 2 defensive scores and 2 breakdowns where Wright scampered for miles. Like 28-0 free points. Last night...
by vandy86
Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm At A Loss

Watching that game was hard and painful. Take away their punt for no yardage and our KO return for a TD and we would have lost. I know those things happened so they count and we won. Well it was still painful to watch. We have, at least for this game , no rushing offense, a QB that can't escape the ...
by Go Vandy!
Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wish I could be as optimistic as the fans predicting 9 or 10 Ws this season

I really do. It’s just when you’ve followed this team for 40-50 years, it’s just not possible. My prediction was 5-7, which is looking optimistic at the moment. I objectively thought 3-9. The UK and UF games last year were reason for celebration for all the broken negative streaks. But SC & UT s...
by Jason94
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Non-conference schedule released

Seems pretty simple like last season. There will be 4 games that will be challenging - NCSU, ASU/BYU, Tx Tech, and at Memphis. We actually need to win a couple of those games (last season we went 0-fer in our challenging games of NCSU, St. Mary's Memphis and VCU, which was as big of an issue as us l...
by VU1970
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ACC votes to invite Stanford, Cal, and SMU

They got the Atlantic, now they got the Specific.
by bornadore57
Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McGugin teases major basketball announcement for Tuesday

Josh Henderson is being granted another year of eligibility.
by geeznotagain
Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The first great college football game of 2023: Colorado 45, TCU 42

Unfortunately (for me at least), a ringing endorsement of ravenous sucking from the transfer portal teat.
by AuricGoldfinger
Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McGugin teases major basketball announcement for Tuesday

Versus75 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:29 pm Vanderbilt will join the PAC-12 Conference!
Now known as 2Pac.
by roanoke
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Alabama A&M thread

To say I am disappointed with Lynch is understatement. Instead of learning from last week. He is doubling down on slow developing pocket passing and running the middle. No misdirection . No throws to backs. Keeping A&M in the game. Stubborn and uncreative. And he has a lot of weapons. He's also ...
by BrentVU
Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thoughts on Vandy's 47-13 WIN over Alabama A&M

If you missed it, here’s the story of this game: after some erratic play in the first half (after which Vandy led only 12 to 3), Vanderbilt got its mind right and exercised its superior athleticism in the second half, winning 47-13. Alabama A&M put up a valiant fight, but simply wore out in the ...
by cc11316
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sanity check: Langston Patterson

First of all - today feels alot better than last Sunday as Vandy finally put together a half of football worth watching that gives you hope. I'm especially excited about a glimmer of hope of a running game. My sleep score on Fitbit went way up last night. :D On to my point, was anyone else cringing ...
by roanoke
Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

waking up 2-0

Midway through last night's game things were not looking particularly encouraging. I thought back to all those years when the SEC made us open with a league opponent. Dreams died early in many of those seasons. I am glad we got to open with four out of conference games this year. While we have set t...
by charlestonalum
Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thoughts on Vandy's 47-13 WIN over Alabama A&M

Swann looks at his desired target almost every down: surely they can coach that since it is a very serious problem thst will be exploirtd by good defenses. Even our good pass plays, he was locked in on his man from the snap.
by BrentVU
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Notes from the Coach's show Monday 9/4

- Darren Agu is back in practice and should play Saturday (which should help the pass rush). De'Rickey Wright's injury was revealed as an ankle sprain and may take some time; he is day-to-day. - Coach was also asked about his special teams' success and he had interesting comments. He said the depth ...