Search found 51 matches

Return

by Dores137
Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alumni no longer allowed to use VU libraries on weekends

According to VU's webiste, alumni can still access the library (link below). Hopefully it was just a mistake by the guard and you will be able to get in next time. At the bottom of the linked page, you can contact a librarian and perhaps they can clarify things for you. The site states: Alumni may v...
by BrentVU
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Strange time to be playing a football game against Hawaii

As I understand it, the fires are on the island of Maui, and the university (which is on Oahu) has not been affected. However, the Lahaina Civic Center, where the basketball Dores have played several times in the Maui Classic, was very much in jeopardy at last report. https://www.sportingnews.com/u...
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Strange time to be playing a football game against Hawaii

Good news here:
by BrentVU
Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some additional information about the stadium on game days

Ms. Gerson writes this story about all this below, and it's worth reading... it includes some photos the Tennessean photographer took on Tuesday showing the current state of things, worth clicking through... Tennessean: How Vanderbilt football will play in FirstBank Stadium amid construction in 2023...
by historybill
Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Story about VU alum who probably died in a Soviet gulag

Grew in in Nashville, graduated from East High School, did 2 years in the engineering school and then went off to war: https://www.williamsonherald.com/features/w_life/the-missing-pilot-and-the-old-pennies/article_fe0abe20-3dd6-11ee-a616-0f0eada8a7a2.html I'm posting it here because I don't think ei...
by BrentVU
Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:18 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hustler writers are back in school; football mailbag is good reading

Andrew Wilf is sports editor this year.

Vanderbilt Football Preseason Mailbag: Can Vanderbilt make a bowl game?
The Vanderbilt Hustler Sports Editorial Board answers questions ahead of the 2023 football season.
(by various staffers)
by OldDude
Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Links to stadium construction livestream cameras

FWIW, AD Lee was on the Doug Mathews radio show this morning, I don’t know if a podcast is available but she had a lot to say about the stadium construction, NIL, transfer portal etc. They will be bringing in a portable video screen for this year and the capacity after the renovations will be in th...
by alathIN
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Whoomp! There it is... [PREMIUM, The Athletic]

College football's intense appeal was built on people going to games in real life. Tailgating. Marching bands. Homecoming. People went to the games as kids, then as students, then as parents of kids and parents of students. Demented traditions with 100 year old traditions like The Oaken Bucket and T...
by DonYates
Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:05 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt-Hawaii game thread

I'm not going to complain about a win. We've got a lot to improve on. Swann did great statistically with an over 160 QB rating. We've got to improve the pathetic run game and our pass defense. We are 1-0. Let's get win No. 2 next Saturday and continue to improve game by game. We've got some special ...
by BrentVU
Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Links to stadium construction livestream cameras

Sorry, I missed your question Auric. However, I don't think the construction cams will be turned on until after the season. Looks like that may be the case, unfortunately. It's mid-day Monday and they're still dark. Don't see why they can't be turned back on through the week. Cameras back on with n...
by docdore
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Gators playing first non-conference road game outside Florida in 30+ years

maybe they should stay in the sunshine (etc.) state after all. it's a tough world out there.