Search found 123 matches

Return

by roanoke
Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: thanks to the team and the coaches

That is what made the run in 2019 so remarkable: regular season champs, SECT champs, National Champs. Just 4 years ago. Winning the SECT is a major accomplishment. Vandy has only done it 4 times. That will be this team’s lasting legacy. Honestly, I thought we would make a run for the NC before we lo...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: thanks to the team and the coaches

Agreed. We definitely out-performed the talent level on this roster. That's a testament to the coaches. We've just had way too many misses in recruiting. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the new rules preventing contact with recruits prior to their junior year will save Corbs from himself....
by historybill
Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NIL vs IRS

It's amazing to think that an "institution of higher learning" could have even conceived the notion that an NIL could be set up as tax exempt.

I mean... obviously this is supplemental endorsement income.
by Go Vandy!
Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Omaha

I hope she followed that up with "which is pretty much the point of the game"... you know, for those of us who aren't in the know.
by janvandy66
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jaloni Cambridge To Set Top 7

If we can't a great player in her on town (Nashville) then that will be a shame. I don't care about all the other teams that are listed we need to put every effort in to signing her if we are ever going to be a championship team.
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Maybe it's the bats...no, the actual "bats"

Hops, from your summer/travel ball perspective, does the brand of bat make a significant difference? And what do you mean by "get hot as they age"? I'm assuming all of these high quality bats cost roughly the same; do the major college programs have to purchase the bats or do the companie...
by Levon
Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Maybe it's the bats...no, the actual "bats"

Hops, from your summer/travel ball perspective, does the brand of bat make a significant difference? And what do you mean by "get hot as they age"? I'm assuming all of these high quality bats cost roughly the same; do the major college programs have to purchase the bats or do the companie...
by Dsdore
Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Addition

Is he a walk on? Thought we were out of scholarships.
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting story: mid-major coaches scout P6 transfers from their own conferences, incl. Tasos Kamateros

Nice blurb about Tasos Kamateros here: Tasos Kamateros, transferring from South Dakota to Vanderbilt: “He’s interesting because I think he’s a 5. I think that’s where he’s most comfortable. He’s really good in the paint, he’s really good at the rim. He’s not a 6-foot-9, 240-pound post. He’s probably...
by VU1970
Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commissioner: Nashville a WNBA expansion possibility by 2025

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2023/06/09/wnba-commissioner-nashville-possible-expansion-city/70307029007/ I don't know about the economics, but this would be great news for real basketball. Best sports decision I ever made was buying season tickets to see the Houston Comets when they won ...
by Nashmann
Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I think this is a first

18 3 stars....we are the ONLY SEC team so far without a 4 star...Mizzu even has two 4-stars. You can say all you want about the star system but we rarely get the numbers the other SEC teams get. Only or mostly 3 stars will keep us at the bottom of the league....
by Seadog73
Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Serious allegations against Northwestern, Pat Fitzgerald

I do not get this whole hazing culture that seems systemic between college sports and fraternities. I admit I am an old fart (72) but when I was in a fraternity and competing in college, hazing was doing pushups because you didn't know the answers to questions. There was NO hazing in my sport at VU....
by roanoke
Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

we seem to have made believers of the Yankees

In recent years, the Yanks have certainly focused on VandyBoys or Vandy commits in the early rounds. Volpe, their current ss, was a commit. Spencer Jones is tearing it up in the minors. Lombard is the latest Yankee first-rounder with strong Vandy ties. Good for the brand, I guess. I do wish more of ...
by MrMemorial
Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy to play Texas Tech in neutral site game in Fort Worth this season

Playing Texas Tech in Texas?

Real neutral site, right? :roll:
by TwoSaints
Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: tyler tanner

Wow...another guard sigh...not heavily recruited an underwhelming 3-star... SV# SV# SV# Right, because our only successful players have been heavily recruited 4- or 5-star players. Look, we already had really mixed success over the years, not just in getting Top 100 recruits to come to Vanderbilt, ...
by alathIN
Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tennessean's 5 burning questions for Clark Lea; story on commitment Glenn Seabrooks

The reactions to Lea's "best program in the country" remark say more about college football culture than they do about Lea or Vanderbilt. "Best program" was automatically interpreted as most national championships - turning into another UGA or Bama - which does seem extremely unl...
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scoreboard for 2023

And I'm guessing this is the solution for the speakers...

by AuricGoldfinger
Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clark Lea confirms signee WR Duran Parish no longer with the team

He wanted to play basketball instead.

Kids. What are you gonna do?
by geeznotagain
Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: James Strong named as new assistant coach

Something does not seem to quite add up. Strong graduated in 2000. 23 years ago. Yet he has not especially advanced as a coach. In no way do I question his ability as a player at Vandy. Or his dedication to Vandy, although he spent quite a few years elsewhere, for example as an assistant at Belmont...
by mathguy
Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: James Strong named as new assistant coach

Good point. Upward mobility (up to a point) is over-sold and over-sought. No one wants to live on the government dime or from paycheck to paycheck. But societal pressure to get that next promotion, to buy that bigger house or better car is intense. It's especially hard for me to understand with pro...