Jump to topic

Re: Site problem / question

thanks Don ! You are my hero .
by OldDude
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 SF Malik Presley to announce decision Friday

If he signs with Vandy, he would be the third player in this class in the swingman size range (6-6/6-7). (Not saying their games are all alike, however.) To save others time, his offer list includes: Arizona State TCU Texas Houston LSU Okie St. Ole Miss Texas A&M SMU Thanks for this. I really p...
by OldDude
Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SC run rules florida

historybill wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:57 pm Petry had a 3-run homer for South Carolina, and the freshman now has NINETEEN home runs.

Good grief, kid.

At one point does everyone just intentionally walk the guy?
Or talk him into transferring ?

C'mon, just a thought.
by OldDude
Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

This is most likely about the money and ,yes, I would bet inappropriate contact as well. Whatever , I am sick of the whole mess and don't completely absolve the players. I cheer for the VU athletes because I believe, apparently somewhat incorrectly, that they are young people with their heads screwe...
by OldDude
Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deion Sanders is the antithesis of Clark Lea

"It makes a mockery of what the sport is"

I liked the article, but have to say that college sports long ago descended past "mockery" status.
by OldDude
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

Maybe it’s just me, but all these academic juniors leaving one year shy of a VU degree just seems shortsighted. I know that to some extent the quality of a degree is limited by your career goals. If you don’t plan to continue in academia in pursuit of an advanced degree, then a degree from another ...
by OldDude
Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game announcers Saturday said ...

FayetteDore wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:21 pm I heard the TV announcers say that too (4 games) but all the news coverage I saw afterward indicated one game.

Anybody know what the rule is?
Yes. Do anything you want, behave like an a$$hat and the SEC will show a total lack of character and give you a slap on the wrist. Very simple rule.
by OldDude
Wed May 03, 2023 3:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QMB to The Citadel

I am speechless. Why would he do this????? It baffles me as well. According to Citadel website, MBA courses are offered "in the evenings on campus or online". This seems to mean almost totally online for him due to scheduling conflicts. Citadel's E school sounds a little less than great g...
by OldDude
Mon May 08, 2023 10:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

i cannot speak for every dismissal but I do know that Stack suggested to at least one if not several of our guys that it might be a good idea to transfer. And also that $$ was the main reason for our highest profile departures. Yes it is a lot of turnover that goes against what we all love about co...
by OldDude
Mon May 08, 2023 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, for the good of the team I hope he does come back, but even if he averages 50 a game, he will never be my favorite player because of this crap he has pulled. Having said that, I'm sure he will loose sleep over it. If he comes back and only averages 30 per game, all is forgiven. I would love t...
by OldDude
Thu May 11, 2023 1:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They could make 20% on that endowment and not a penny would or could go into the NIL. That money has to come from outsiders who want name, image, likeness from the players. [/quote] Think you are right about the school directly funding NIL (though I think personally that is idiotic given the mere e...
by OldDude
Sun May 14, 2023 2:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawkins Field Upgrades

3rdFloorDyer wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:40 pm Extra batting cages.
and extra batting coaches ?
by OldDude
Wed May 17, 2023 2:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Look I want Tyrin back - absolutely no reservations about that. Even beyond that though, this NIL crap is the crap future we face and VU has to find a way to deal with that. It is hard for me to fathom that Vandy , even fully accepting the academic priority of most wealthy supporters, cannot find a ...
by OldDude
Mon May 22, 2023 7:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Others having site problems ?

Anyone else having site problems again today (5/22) ?
by OldDude
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Xavier Thread

I'm likely crazy, but, looking at the big picture and a real shortage of offensive talent, maybe we were lucky to have as good a season as we did. We are in the bottom tier of the SEC in most offensive statistics and our LOB numbers seemed bad to me. Who is our hitting coach and should we be shoppin...
by OldDude
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commissioner: Nashville a WNBA expansion possibility by 2025

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2023/06/09/wnba-commissioner-nashville-possible-expansion-city/70307029007/ Guess they have identified the cities whose leadership is stupid enough to take on the financial obligation that inevitably goes with supporting pro sports. The WNBA has never shown a...
by OldDude
Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:11 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gronk, Travis Kelce among TEs on Vandy campus today

Personally, I would extend an offer to both and see what happens ! :lol: :lol:
by OldDude
Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New videoboard coming to the Gym next season

DS2001 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:14 am Spend that money for some AC!
Or a decent PA / sound system.
by OldDude
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:01 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UT

I had seen this from SDS previously, but didn’t bother posting here. It sheds a little more light on why the AG believes there is legal merit to threaten suit. Of course, I agree with the sentiment that he should have more important things to tend to. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-foo...
by OldDude
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clark Lea confirms signee WR Duran Parish no longer with the team

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:53 am He wanted to play basketball instead.

Kids. What are you gonna do?
Drink heavily until they turn about 25.