Search found 109 matches

Return

by BrentVU
Mon May 01, 2023 10:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commitment (Class of 2025): Caden Knighten, 5-10 175 RB Wynnewood, OK

Another VU RB signee, A.J. Newberry from Texas, was lighting it up in track last weekend...
by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 02, 2023 7:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bigs

Here is Aziz Bandaogo: https://twitter.com/theportalreport/status/1653174928361889795?s=46&t=D49ntLmhyQvPB4ctPmX7WQ 7 footer from Utah valley that averaged 11 pts, 10 rebounds, and 3 blocks per game That one. Sign that one. That interest list - if accurate - says all we need to know. EDIT: Also...
by OldDude
Wed May 03, 2023 3:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QMB to The Citadel

I am speechless. Why would he do this????? It baffles me as well. According to Citadel website, MBA courses are offered "in the evenings on campus or online". This seems to mean almost totally online for him due to scheduling conflicts. Citadel's E school sounds a little less than great g...
by commadore
Wed May 03, 2023 8:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-basketballs-10-takes-Hunter-Dickinson-adds-to-villain-status-Auburn-on-verge-of-splash-big-gambles-209384795/ From this article: “Add Lawrence to a Tigers backcourt of Jones, five-star Aden Holloway, K.D. Johnson and Tre Donaldson, and suddenly, Pearl h...
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu May 04, 2023 1:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jason Rivera-Torres commits to Vandy

Upgraded to a four-star by 247 Sports today in their final end-of-season evaluations:

by commadore
Fri May 05, 2023 3:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He can go to the q league as far as I'm concerned. I hope the damn door didn't hit his butt on the way out.
Tired of hearing about him. He is gone. Let him eat cake.
by roanoke
Fri May 05, 2023 9:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alabama # 2

Solid outing.

Better job of getting leadoff guys on.

Good fielding. Great pitching. I thought Espinal turned in a really nice performance behind the plate.

The team definitely responded to last night’s clunker. That was a focused performance.
by Lynchsr
Sat May 06, 2023 10:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Commodore Caravan in Chicago

First I would like to say, the Vanderbilt marketing team nailed this event. Kevin Ingram was the event MC. There is no podcast or recording of this stop. Carter Hawkins, the Cubs GM, is a former Vandyboy ('07) and that was the connection for the event being held at 1914 Club inside Wrigley. Carter s...
by OldDude
Mon May 08, 2023 10:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i cannot speak for every dismissal but I do know that Stack suggested to at least one if not several of our guys that it might be a good idea to transfer. And also that $$ was the main reason for our highest profile departures. Yes it is a lot of turnover that goes against what we all love about co...
by UltimateVUFan
Mon May 08, 2023 11:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i cannot speak for every dismissal but I do know that Stack suggested to at least one if not several of our guys that it might be a good idea to transfer. And also that $$ was the main reason for our highest profile departures. Yes it is a lot of turnover that goes against what we all love about co...
by OldDude
Mon May 08, 2023 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, for the good of the team I hope he does come back, but even if he averages 50 a game, he will never be my favorite player because of this crap he has pulled. Having said that, I'm sure he will loose sleep over it. If he comes back and only averages 30 per game, all is forgiven. I would love t...
by commadore
Mon May 08, 2023 9:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, for the good of the team I hope he does come back, but even if he averages 50 a game, he will never be my favorite player because of this crap he has pulled. Having said that, I'm sure he will loose sleep over it. If he comes back and only averages 30 per game, all is forgiven. I would love t...
by MikeADore
Tue May 09, 2023 4:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Welcome for Jordyn Oliver

Nashmann wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:50 pmHow tall?
5'10
by Go Vandy!
Tue May 09, 2023 5:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Welcome for Jordyn Oliver

How tall? Back when there was a Commodore Crew, before the NCAA disallowed it because it donated maybe $100/yr to WBB, there would be meet-the-team events. I don't know what i was expecting, but 1/3-1/2 the team was as tall or taller than me. I'm 6'. P.S. What specific personal info is listed for F...
by UltimateVUFan
Wed May 10, 2023 11:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hunter Dickinson and NIL

Eh. I guess. I earned both my bachelor’s and master’s degrees at VU. Did pretty well re: accrued debt, relatively speaking. I’ve been a public school teacher my entire career (midpoint right now). I could make more money doing many other things, even within the education sector. I’m where I am becau...
by Ndorefin
Wed May 10, 2023 11:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If he comes back and only averages 30 per game, all is forgiven. I would love to see him back regardless , he seemed not only a good player but a good person. I am a loyalist. I committed to Vanderbilt in 1964 when I was 8 years old. It is my team. Was my dream to go there and I felt honored to rep...
by historybill
Sun May 14, 2023 10:28 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some version of the NIL existed at VU.... in 1901

In 1901 there was a clothing store in Nashville which gave free suits to Vanderbilt football star John Edgerton in exchange for the right to use his name. The clothier ran ads in the Hustler and I think in Nashville newspapers that said "John E. Edgerton will be glad to see his friends at Varle...
by Silverbird73
Tue May 16, 2023 7:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What happened to the site?

Didn’t realize how much I’d miss it until I couldn’t access it for the past two days.
by MemorialMagic
Tue May 16, 2023 8:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Honestly, this is hard to take. This school and staff has put a lot into Tyrin, and he treats us this way? Free education at a top 20 university for one. Lots of hours working with him to develop his skills. Got him a lot of air time and plenty of promotional work by the Vandy marketing department. ...
by Foreverhopeful
Tue May 16, 2023 9:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What happened to the site?

I thought the site might have entered the transfer portal, or at least attended a Bruce Pearl barbecue.