Search found 16 matches

Return

by Seadog73
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I CAN BE SO PETTY

I have an office colleague who is a UT undergrad and law school alum, and former member of the UT Alumni Board, etc. I had to listen to him wax eloquent about how spectacular UT baseball was all last spring, until the super regional. I had to listen to him wax eloquent about how spectacular UT footb...
by dore74
Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 SF Malik Presley to announce decision Friday

Two new recruits and a new assistant coach—how’s he gonna find time to coach the Pistons.

Great to have Stack full speed ahead!!!!
by charlestonalum
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Tennessee game 2

FayetteDore wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:44 pm
roanoke wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:25 pm What did Moore do?

I turned it off in the 5th….
Ndorefin has the straight account.

The longer, earlier post has a lot of extraneous comment that rockets past the normal spectrum of rivalry hatred and into the realm of the pathological.
Pathological? This is a sports site, right,?
by historybill
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I Absolutely Hate the Transfer Portal and the NIL

I'm with you. I hate it. During the Stallings years, there were a lot of fine young men who played for Vanderbilt for 4 years (or at least 3) who my son and I got to know at the games and basketball camps and such. I've got photos of my son with Jeff Taylor, Lance Goulborne, Festus Ezeli and John Je...
by Vandamnit
Tue May 09, 2023 9:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The cycle of panic on Vandymania

Greetings fellow VandyFans (and Mrs. Drew), I've been checking regularly on this board for positive "news" for our next-year's team. I would have to describe many posts as quite despairing. It is clearly a bummer to see folks leave, but I have observed that "the collective" has h...
by buffy
Fri May 19, 2023 8:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ven-Allen Lubin is a Commodore

Evaluating Stack, no one can argue he's giving less than a 100% for Vanderbilt. I'm grateful for him.
by bornadore57
Sun May 21, 2023 7:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Corbs We Trust!

The program developed by Corbin for Vanderbilt baseball has brought me joy on many occasions - joy I haven't yet experienced in Vandy's other major sports. I will be forever grateful for his commitment to Vanderbilt and the impact he has had on all of its sports and the entire school. Yes, there hav...
by charlestonalum
Sat May 27, 2023 1:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In my opinion, it wouldn't be the end of the World.............

A lot of winning is mental: winners know how to win. Would like to see us prove we can beat gators. Would mean a lot going into NCAA I think. Look how much it meant to this team to beat Arkansas
by buffy
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roster Thoughts

How 'bout an 'adda-boy' to Coach Stackhouse. We were all considering hara-kiri after the portal opened, and now we're clearly in better shape. I'm absolutely grateful and honored to have Mr. Stackhouse as our coach. The guy gives everything he has.
by commadore
Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 21st Century Teams

geeznotagain wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:07 pm Corey Smith?

And Dan Langhi played in 2000. 21st century?

Also, if we deduct for fewer years we need to reward for more years. So Josh Henderson, with a 9 year career, has to be our center.
Technically, 2000 is still part of the 20th century, despite what the press and other idiots said.
by vandybrad
Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: uut still winless all-time in Omaha?

It is sad watching butt hurt Vandy fans try to feel better about themselves by downgrading UT when we couldn’t make it to Omaha. You don't think they would be doing the same thing to us except they would have multiple posts about it. No, the hatred is real for the team, the fans and expecially the ...
by charlestonalum
Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:26 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Typical UT fans: setting themselves up for disappointment again

Meanwhile, VU fans are just Wishin' and Hopin' to get to a bowl game -- ANY bowl game. SEC doesn't have a tie-in to Shreveport this year, so maybe a triumphant return to Birmingham, Alabama's Magic City!? Definitely no delusion here. Do you have any reason to exist other than just to be a pitiful t...
by buffy
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video: Coach Stackhouse, Tyrin Lawrence, Ezra Manjon press conferences Wed. Aug. 9

MrMemorial wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:11 pm SOME PEOPLE
Is there a constructive reason to point out SOME PEOPLE? Does SOME PEOPLE actually mean BAD PEOPLE, while you represent GOOD PEOPLE. Move on amigo. This is a destructive thought process. Let's cheer on our GOOD COACH and see what he can do with this team.
by commadore
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 247 Sports: The gospel according to Lea: Vanderbilt's blueprint to become the hallmark of college football success

A man’s reach must exceed his grasp …. (Browning) Lea’s goal is noble as hell, and worthy as hell, but basically un-graspable. I think deep down we all know that. I call bovine feces. In 2001, would you have ever bet we would have two national championships, two runners up, and five trips to the co...
by cc11316
Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm At A Loss

I find it strange that you played at Vanderbilt for 4 years but seem to be panicking after an opening season win. There are gaping holes that need to be addressed, no doubt, but I think the biggest thing was to get the win regardless of the style points (or lack thereof). For every close but uncomfo...