Search found 50 matches

Return

by roanoke
Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt-Hawaii game thread

4th and 1 and we go fast. And stub our toe.

Going fast is now 0 for 3 tonight. When everything else is working - don’t do what isn’t working.
by roanoke
Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Basically our defensive scheme is showing a flaw.

We are bringing the pass rush - but giving 9 yard cushions.

The only thing available under heat is exactly what we are giving them.

DeRickey Wright just saved us. But things are a bit unsettling.
by roanoke
Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think what we should recognize is this: 1) Lynch likes to pocket pass. We came out throwing quick balls and tosses to backs. That just scored 2 quick tds. It worked. Then we went to downfield pocket passing - that leaves a target on our qb and stresses our o-line. Go back to quick routes. Roll out...
by roanoke
Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I liked the double reverse.
by roanoke
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swann has made some really bad decisions tonight. Just locking on a receiver and not seeing open ones. Usually not checking down to the open slot or back - forcing it downfield will lead to pics in the SEC. Finding the wide open option is what “next level” qbs do. He’s a good qb. But film study will...
by roanoke
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wright deserves a game ball.
by roanoke
Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

waking up 1-0

Here come a number of stream of consciousness ramblings: Last year we beat Hawaii 63-10. This was a bit of a revenge game for them. Also, the score was a bit misleading: close at half, followed by 2 defensive scores and 2 breakdowns where Wright scampered for miles. Like 28-0 free points. Last night...
by roanoke
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Alabama A&M thread

To say I am disappointed with Lynch is understatement. Instead of learning from last week. He is doubling down on slow developing pocket passing and running the middle. No misdirection . No throws to backs. Keeping A&M in the game. Stubborn and uncreative. And he has a lot of weapons. He's also ...
by roanoke
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Alabama A&M thread

Nice play by Swann there. And he did find the open safety valve.
by roanoke
Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

waking up 2-0

Midway through last night's game things were not looking particularly encouraging. I thought back to all those years when the SEC made us open with a league opponent. Dreams died early in many of those seasons. I am glad we got to open with four out of conference games this year. While we have set t...