schedules
rosters
news
standings
tickets
vucommodores link by sport
forum
FTB_LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK_
MBB_LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK_
WBB_LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK_
BAS_LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK_

16th political candidate killed in Mexico

For non-Vanderbilt sports discussion including but not limited to politics, science, the arts, travel, technology, entertainment, food & drink and more.

Moderators: Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates

User avatar
fldore
Posts: 4413
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:05 pm
Contact:

16th political candidate killed in Mexico

Postby fldore » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:44 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-running- ... 07926.html

The mayor of a small town in western Mexico who was running for re-election has been killed, the 16th candidate murdered ahead of the July 1 elections.

Good Lord. How can a society let itself become such a rampant dump.


CNN - "The facts don't drive the narrative, the narrative drives the facts. Welcome to the party, pal!"
VU# Fl@g @AD

Golddore68
Posts: 5073
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:46 pm
Contact:

Re: 16th political candidate killed in Mexico

Postby Golddore68 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:46 pm

fldore wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-running-mayor-killed-mexico-16th-candidate-dead-202407926.html

The mayor of a small town in western Mexico who was running for re-election has been killed, the 16th candidate murdered ahead of the July 1 elections.

Good Lord. How can a society let itself become such a rampant dump.


This is why so many are opposed to illegal immigrants from Mexico.

Just open the border and let these lowlifes into America and America will become just like this.

European countries who have allowed “open borders” are finding this out now. Crime is much higher now there. Terrorist activities are much more prevalent.

vebiltdervan
Posts: 19547
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 16th political candidate killed in Mexico

Postby vebiltdervan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:47 pm

Those "lowlifes" (a truly despicable term for anyone on this forum to be using to describe an entire nationality, by the way) have, both in their own country & when they are in this country, lower homicide & other violent crime rates than Americans.

Here: check it out for yourself.

Mexico has a slightly higher overall crime rate than us, because the overall rate includes all those lesser crimes like pickpocketing & theft. But you'll be hard pressed to find any violent crime category where the US rate is not worse than Mexico's.

Golddore68
Posts: 5073
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:46 pm
Contact:

Re: 16th political candidate killed in Mexico

Postby Golddore68 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:29 am

Was I describing an entire nationality?

I was describing the people who kill presidential candidates.

While you criticized my term, I notice you didn’t criticize fldore’s calling it a “rampant dump.”

User avatar
fldore
Posts: 4413
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:05 pm
Contact:

Re: 16th political candidate killed in Mexico

Postby fldore » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:42 am

vebiltdervan wrote:
Mexico has a slightly higher overall crime rate than us, because the overall rate includes all those lesser crimes like pickpocketing & theft. But you'll be hard pressed to find any violent crime category where the US rate is not worse than Mexico's.


I haven't looked this up to verify but even if true, I'd have to think this doesnt apply equally. In America, crime, specifically violent crime, is almost non-existent unless you live within range of certain neighborhoods of our regressive big cities. In which our big city politicians do nothing but pay lip service and throw a few tax dollars at to placate those areas. But at least for the rest of us, theyve quarantined that crime to those areas so the majority of society isn't impacted.

Whereas in Mexico, if you've really got 16 candidates for political appointments getting murdered, that would have far bigger implications for everyone in society. We had one of the bernie bro's try to assassinate a politician and it's national news. Can you imagine if bernie bro's were taking out dozens of candidates around the country? How can a society function when citizens can't even run for office to fix corruption, drug crime, etc... because they need to fear death? The inmates are running the asylum down there. How do you possibly fix that?
CNN - "The facts don't drive the narrative, the narrative drives the facts. Welcome to the party, pal!"
VU# Fl@g @AD


vu2003rpl
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:40 pm
Contact:

Re: 16th political candidate killed in Mexico

Postby vu2003rpl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:12 am

fldore wrote:How can a society function when citizens can't even run for office to fix corruption, drug crime, etc... because they need to fear death? The inmates are running the asylum down there. How do you possibly fix that?


Easy... send as many inmates North across the border.

Disclaimer: I have no clue if the website below is conservative or liberal (or possibly its just facts)... no idea... this shows that Mexico has 1/6 the guns but 5x the murder rate of the USA.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-inf ... lent-crime

EDIT... HA! I didn't know that vebilt had already posted this website. I guess I can assume it gets his thumbs up approval 8-)

vebiltdervan
Posts: 19547
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:31 pm
Contact:

Re: 16th political candidate killed in Mexico

Postby vebiltdervan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:59 pm

vu2003rpl wrote:...Disclaimer: I have no clue if the website below is conservative or liberal (or possibly its just facts)... no idea... this shows that Mexico has 1/6 the guns but 5x the murder rate of the USA.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-inf ... lent-crime

EDIT... HA! I didn't know that vebilt had already posted this website. I guess I can assume it gets his thumbs up approval 8-)

I didn't give it my "thumbs-up", because I ran across it the same way as you. So I can't vouch for its accuracy, but it sounds believable to me. We all know that Mexico has a high drug-gang-related murder rate, worse than anything in the U.S. We know that there's a lot of street thievery there, snatch-&-grab non-violent stuff. And yet, those statistical categories aside, Mexico is otherwise less ridden with violent crimes than the U.S. is.

And frankly, as far as the original complaint, about political assassinations in Mexico, my worst fear is that they're simply a decade ahead of us. We seem to be heading in that direction, in terms of political polarity.

I don't think we're in any kind of a strong position to be pointing at Mexico & accusing them of being a violent place.

User avatar
BelleVUe
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: 16th political candidate killed in Mexico

Postby BelleVUe » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:42 am

vebiltdervan wrote:Those "lowlifes" (a truly despicable term for anyone on this forum to be using to describe an entire nationality, by the way) have, both in their own country & when they are in this country, lower homicide & other violent crime rates than Americans.

Here: check it out for yourself.

Mexico has a slightly higher overall crime rate than us, because the overall rate includes all those lesser crimes like pickpocketing & theft. But you'll be hard pressed to find any violent crime category where the US rate is not worse than Mexico's.


Mexico probably overall is a safer place than the USA, but then the most hardened of Mexican criminals have moved to the States.

In Nashville, the East Nashville Crips, the Bloods, and MS-13 all have strong support.

There is a stop sign in our area where the back has been spray painted in black M 1 on top of S 3. I didn't know until recently that this was MS-13, and they painted it vertically rather than horizontally.

It probably means very little, but still I am not comfortable with this and wish they would not be here.

I am 100% for LEGAL immigration from Mexico, as some of my forefathers came from Spain to Mexico to the Southwest. We should reach out for the best and brightest that want to come here, but when they come here illegally, we don't know what we are getting.

Here's a heads up to all you Republicans that saturate this board. Your hot candidate, Mr. Boyd, may campaign about illegal immigration, but he gave a quarter-million dollars to an affiliate of La Raza and backed a former VP of the La Raza board. He also has not publicly come out against Sanctuary Cities, so if this is who you nominate for Governor, you are proving my point that you care only about the ultra-wealthy who would exploit the cheap labor to line your platinum-line pockets just a little more.

And, ask yourself this--why does the head of the Jewish Mafia support Boyd, and why has he spent millions already producing radio and TV ads to get Boyd the nomination? If Boyd is elected, will we then see casinos on the Cumberland, Tennessee, or Mississippi Rivers if not all three?

Dean might even get my vote and volunteer work if he faces Boyd in November.
True Love Does Exist

Golddore68
Posts: 5073
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:46 pm
Contact:

Re: 16th political candidate killed in Mexico

Postby Golddore68 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:06 pm

I would not consider Boyd the “hot candidate.” I would rather see Diane Black or Beth Halteman elected governor than Boyd. I think Black has the best chance in the primaries. She has the highest name recognition according to the Tennessean.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tennes ... /615567002

User avatar
Titans309fan
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: 16th political candidate killed in Mexico

Postby Titans309fan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Golddore68 wrote:I would not consider Boyd the “hot candidate.” I would rather see Diane Black or Beth Halteman elected governor than Boyd. I think Black has the best chance in the primaries. She has the highest name recognition according to the Tennessean.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tennes ... /615567002


Problem is that Black is just a female Trump that would be horrible for the state. Boyd is a least a moderate Republican, though I am obviously campaigning hard for Dean. The last thing this state needs is an extremist like Black as governor.


User avatar
Titans309fan
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: 16th political candidate killed in Mexico

Postby Titans309fan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:03 am

There are two numbers. One is the number of candidates killed and the other is the number of politicians in general that have been killed.

It still is pretty bad, even if you consider there are around 3400 seats available in various Mexican elections.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/6/14/174 ... ez-obrador

User avatar
Nashmann
Posts: 5560
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:36 am
Location: Nashville
Contact:

Re: Number is much higher at 114.

Postby Nashmann » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:14 pm




Return to “Black and Gold Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 3rdFloorDyer, dorepleganger, EllistonVU, Matheta, VandyWhit, vebiltdervan and 48 guests