tickets
vucommodores link by sport
forum
FTB_LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK_
MBB_LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK_
WBB_LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK_
BAS_LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK_

Working on the Karl Dean campaign

For non-Vanderbilt sports discussion including but not limited to politics, science, the arts, travel, technology, entertainment, food & drink and more.

Moderators: Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates

Titans309fan

Working on the Karl Dean campaign

Postby Titans309fan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 am

My wife (the Vandy grad) has been working hard on the Karl Dean for Governor campaign for a few months now. She is at a point where several days a month, people come over to our house and make phone calls to lists of people to inform them about Dean. The calls are never about bashing any other candidates, and are mainly to tout how great a guy Dean is and what he accomplished as mayor of Nashville.

This past Monday night, Dean and his wife came to talk to a group of interested voters at the Tailgate Brewery in Bellevue (we had to buy our own food, but no other cost). His big issues for Tennessee are education, healthcare, and jobs. He has been travelling the state, talking in small groups and door-to-door. He is definitely concerned about helping both the big cities and rural areas in these three areas.

You know what wasn't talked about it? Immigration. Yet that is all the Republican candidates seem to be attacking each other about. It just isn't that important an issue for the greater health of the state.

I imagine Dean has campaign helpers like my wife in various places throughout the state. It has been fascinating to see a positive campaign run (so far), and I am hoping Dean can get the vote of Democrats and moderate Republicans that like guys like Haslam.

Ever since Tennessee allowed governors for two terms (it used to be just one) starting with Lamar Alexander, the state has elected Rep, Dem, Rep, Dem, and Rep. Hopefully the trend continues and Karl Dean can be the next governor.

BelleVUe

Re: Working on the Karl Dean campaign

Postby BelleVUe » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Titans309fan wrote:Ever since Tennessee allowed governors for two terms (it used to be just one) starting with Lamar Alexander, the state has elected Rep, Dem, Rep, Dem, and Rep. Hopefully the trend continues and Karl Dean can be the next governor.

It would be much nicer if we could have a governor with an (IND).
True Love Does Exist

EllistonVU

Postby EllistonVU » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:52 pm

BelleVUe wrote:
Titans309fan wrote:Ever since Tennessee allowed governors for two terms (it used to be just one) starting with Lamar Alexander, the state has elected Rep, Dem, Rep, Dem, and Rep. Hopefully the trend continues and Karl Dean can be the next governor.

Like the stoned guy from New Mexico who couldn't name the president of Mexico? (Aka - The nation bordering his state)

Maybe next time they can ask him something less complicated like what's his favorite color. He can use a crayon box as a reference if needed.

geeznotagain

Postby geeznotagain » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:50 pm

EllistonVU wrote:
BelleVUe wrote:

Like the stoned guy from New Mexico who couldn't name the president of Mexico? (Aka - The nation bordering his state)

Maybe next time they can ask him something less complicated like what's his favorite color. He can use a crayon box as a reference if needed.

You manifest a lot of hate to be a moderate centrist. And is a Libertarian really an IND?

BelleVUe

Postby BelleVUe » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:02 am

I don't hate. I love. I love the idea of having something new and original that isn't bound by the old guard.

I love liberty but you would never confuse me for a libertarian. Libertarian's are okay with the public being allowed to be stoned. I oppose legalizing pot for any means at all. If it is medicinal as a cancer drug, then it should be like all other cancer drugs--something available through the oncologist in medicinal form and not available so the public can take it at will and then go have a car wreck.

Another thing about the people of an area not knowing who the President of a country is or who our vice president is: have you ever asked yourself how many people these shock interviewers have to go through to get a numb nut that doesn't know anything?

You might be surprised that a lot of New Mexicans know a lot more than you think. We actually had good schools there, especially in ABQ, Gallup, and Santa Fe. Our neighborhood school had numerous national merit scholars, and two kids on our block received free rides in the Ivy. One is now an intern for the public defender in Santa Fe and is in Yale Law School, while one is a hospital fellow after graduating Harvard Medical School and will begin at Trigg Memorial in Tucumcari.
True Love Does Exist

Return to “Black and Gold Coffee Shop”