schedules
rosters
news
standings
tickets
vucommodores link by sport
forum
FTB_LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK_
MBB_LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK_
WBB_LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK_
BAS_LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK__LINK_

"I Can't Recall"

For non-Vanderbilt sports discussion including but not limited to politics, science, the arts, travel, technology, entertainment, food & drink and more.

Moderators: Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates

BILTMORE
Posts: 9637
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:56 pm
Contact:

"I Can't Recall"

Postby BILTMORE » Thu May 17, 2018 9:38 am

In Donald Trump Jr's congressional testimony, there were 54 items he couldn't "remember" or "recall".
Including, whether or not he called his father immediately after the infamous Trump Tower meeting.
Records show that Jr called a blocked phone number immediately following the meeting. He can't remember to whom he made the phone call or if it was to his father. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm rrrrrrright.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 695df7b191

Question: if the Russians really didn't do "anything" to influence elections, as so many conservatives here and in the WH sometimes claim, and if there is nothing wrong with taking this meeting since it was just "oppo research," as the President himself said from the lectern, why did Jr lie under oath?
Last edited by BILTMORE on Thu May 17, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.



3rdFloorDyer
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:24 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby 3rdFloorDyer » Thu May 17, 2018 9:49 am

It must be politics in general that causes this. Bill Clinton had horrible memory lapses under oath as well.

BILTMORE
Posts: 9637
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:56 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby BILTMORE » Thu May 17, 2018 10:39 am

3rdFloorDyer wrote:It must be politics in general that causes this. Bill Clinton had horrible memory lapses under oath as well.


Yes - and he got impeached.

3rdFloorDyer
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:24 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby 3rdFloorDyer » Thu May 17, 2018 11:02 am

Don't see Don Junior getting impeached

Matheta
Posts: 6689
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:46 am
Contact:

Biltmore, do you see collusion and interference the same?

Postby Matheta » Thu May 17, 2018 11:15 am

Do you recall every detail of a conversation from three years ago?
Are you wanting to say Trump colluded to interfere?
At this point there has been no colussion demonstrated, therefore no interference. But since that bucket has no bottom you now want what?
Impeachment? Do you have two-thirds vote lined up?
Indictments, for what?


BILTMORE
Posts: 9637
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:56 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby BILTMORE » Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am

3rdFloorDyer wrote:Don't see Don Junior getting impeached


Ask Trump under oath if knew about the Trump Tower meeting before.
Ask him if his son told him about after.
Ask him he helped craft the lies his son told about them later.

All you conservatives are deflecting.
Why are the Trumps lying about this so much?

BILTMORE
Posts: 9637
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Biltmore, do you see collusion and interference the same?

Postby BILTMORE » Thu May 17, 2018 11:38 am

Matheta wrote:Do you recall every detail of a conversation from three years ago?
Are you wanting to say Trump colluded to interfere?
At this point there has been no colussion demonstrated, therefore no interference. But since that bucket has no bottom you now want what?
Impeachment? Do you have two-thirds vote lined up?
Indictments, for what?


Three years ago?
No no. This testimony was a year after the fact.
The news about the Russian election hack broke mere months after this call.
To presume that these people didn't make any connection between the Russian hack intelligence and the room full of Russians they entertained in order to extract dirt on the dems is beyond rich, don't you think?

I can't recall...
right.

Two thirds you say? The blue wave is coming. Should be doable.

vebiltdervan
Posts: 19388
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:31 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby vebiltdervan » Thu May 17, 2018 12:30 pm

I recall EVERY single detail of EVERY phone conversation I've EVER had with EVERY presidential candidate immediately following EVERY meeting I've arranged with Russian intelligence operatives for the purpose of plotting our joint plans to collude to throw American presidential elections, yes. That's not the sort of thing one forgets, except as a matter of "legal convenience".

EllistonVU
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:13 am
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby EllistonVU » Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 pm

vebiltdervan wrote:I recall EVERY single detail of EVERY phone conversation I've EVER had with EVERY presidential candidate immediately following EVERY meeting I've arranged with Russian intelligence operatives for the purpose of plotting our joint plans to collude to throw American presidential elections, yes. That's not the sort of thing one forgets, except as a matter of "legal convenience".


TROPHY CLIPART HERE DESIGNATING POST OF THE YEAR

Golddore68
Posts: 5022
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:46 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby Golddore68 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:19 pm

Were you equally outraged when Hillary kept saying "I can't recall" when she was questioned about her e-mails, Benghazi, the pay-for-play in the Clinton Foundation and every other scandal she was questioned about?

vebiltdervan
Posts: 19388
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:31 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby vebiltdervan » Thu May 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Golddore68 wrote:Were you equally outraged when Hillary kept saying "I can't recall" when she was questioned about [each & every one of] her [tens of thousands of] e-mails, Benghazi, the pay-for-play in the Clinton Foundation and every other [fictitious, republican-manufactured] ["]scandal["] she was questioned about?

Having qualified your quotation so that it bears some resemblance to reality, No, of course not.

User avatar
dorepleganger
Posts: 971
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:46 pm
Location: Springfield
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby dorepleganger » Thu May 17, 2018 5:06 pm

vebiltdervan wrote:
Golddore68 wrote:Were you equally outraged when Hillary kept saying "I can't recall" when she was questioned about [each & every one of] her [tens of thousands of] e-mails, Benghazi, the pay-for-play in the Clinton Foundation and every other [fictitious, republican-manufactured] ["]scandal["] she was questioned about?

Having qualified your quotation so that it bears some resemblance to reality, No, of course not.


What difference does it make? :x

BILTMORE
Posts: 9637
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:56 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby BILTMORE » Thu May 17, 2018 9:12 pm

dorepleganger wrote:
vebiltdervan wrote:
Golddore68 wrote:Were you equally outraged when Hillary kept saying "I can't recall" when she was questioned about [each & every one of] her [tens of thousands of] e-mails, Benghazi, the pay-for-play in the Clinton Foundation and every other [fictitious, republican-manufactured] ["]scandal["] she was questioned about?

Having qualified your quotation so that it bears some resemblance to reality, No, of course not.


What difference does it make? :x



Great words by a great woman.
To recap...
So either the Trump Russia is a real scandal, as real as you imagine the Clinton "scandal(s)" to be, or they're all phony political charades.

For me - I like to look at the facts:
4 years of Whitewater - Clintons completely absolved.
4 years of Benghazi - Clinton completely absolved and everyone agrees it was a bogus crap anyway.
2 years of email? - Clinton reprimanded, no charges but lost election.
Clinton Foundation - so baseless it doesn't even merit an evaluation.

Trump/Russia - we're just one year in and already indictments, guilty pleas, subpoenas, a pornstar, a playmate, pay for play with Trump's lawyer (ACTUAL PAY FOR PLAY - NOT GOLDDORE'S FANTASY KIND), the Trump Tower meeting, and pretty obvious obstruction of justice. And we've got 3 more years to go! Imagine how many blue dresses the dems will turn up after the midterms!

Golddore68
Posts: 5022
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:46 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby Golddore68 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:02 pm

As I stated in another thread, the pornstar has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Russia probe. The fact that Democrats and those in support of the probe keep harping on this just shows how desperate they are to try to find something bad to impeach Trump over. “He didn’t ‘collude’ with Russia — but he paid off a porn star! Impeach him!” What a bunch of BS.

vebiltdervan
Posts: 19388
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:31 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby vebiltdervan » Thu May 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Golddore68 wrote:As I stated in another thread, the pornstar has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Russia probe. The fact that Democrats and those in support of the probe keep harping on this just shows how desperate they are to try to find something bad to impeach Trump over. “He didn’t ‘collude’ with Russia — but he paid off a porn star! Impeach him!” What a bunch of BS.

You are operating under the false impression that, because Trump schtumpted a porn star and arranged to keep her quiet about it, that this somehow supersedes the Mueller investigation, nullifying the possibility that there was Trump-Russia collusion.

These two things are, as you say, unconnected. Ergo, the porn star in no way negates whatever evidence Mueller produces that warrants impeachment. Nor does she negate any of the other 200 things that keep popping up, each of which adds to the impression, when it is held by any American with moral standards, that irrespective of whether Trump's obstruction of justice in the Trump-Russia investigation warrant impeachment, that in any case the man is morally unfit to hold the highest office in the land.

Today it has begun to become known that the entire shunning of Qatar was a Trump administration extortion of Qatari money, for the sole purpose of forcing the Qataris to bail the Kushner family out of their financial straits over their Manhattan skyscraper. Almost ever new day offers a new piece of evidence that Trump has broken every American presidential rule of morality. But Golddore no longer cares about morality: he wants Republican Primacy, the United States of America be damned.

Can a man not be judged unfit for the presidency for more than one reason simultaneously? How about 200 reasons?

geeznotagain
Posts: 6407
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby geeznotagain » Fri May 18, 2018 8:28 am

vebiltdervan wrote: that in any case the man is morally unfit to hold the highest office in the land.



Can a man not be judged unfit for the presidency for more than one reason simultaneously? How about 200 reasons?



In an of itself, having "bad" morals (which is, needless to say), highly subjective, should not disqualify a person from the presidency. There is immoral (highly subjective) and illegal (only slightly subjective). I just think Muller, and the various folks who have made Trump-bashing a cottage industry, should concentrate on the former. I, as a "moral" person, can exercise my right to kick Trump out at the ballot box, for any reason I choose -- including his morals. The legal system should not. Few of your 200 reasons, I suspect, are legally actionable.

User avatar
WestCoastDore
Posts: 2076
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby WestCoastDore » Fri May 18, 2018 8:32 am

vebiltdervan wrote:.....
Can a man not be judged unfit for the presidency for more than one reason simultaneously? How about 200 reasons?


See this is where the problem arises... even though he was seen unfit by the majority of the electorate he was legally elected. Therefore, he is the president.

...even though a select group of wild conspiracy theorist (shall we call them sore losers?) have some hugely imaginative reasons why Hillary lost, he was legally elected. Therefore, he is the president.

....even though on the job he has attempted to deliver much of what he promised during the campaign and many don't like it, that's not impeachable. Therefore, he is the still the president.

...even though etc., etc.,etc.,.... he is still the president

Sorry, but I can go on and come up with 200 reasons of why you and your like's definition of unfit doesn't count. To be honest...no one should care about that until the next election. Your like had better pray that Trump fails at delivering on some of his platform promises or you'll end up with a list of 2,000 reasons he is unfit by the time his presidency ends.

User avatar
dorepleganger
Posts: 971
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:46 pm
Location: Springfield
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby dorepleganger » Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 am

BILTMORE wrote:
dorepleganger wrote:
vebiltdervan wrote:Having qualified your quotation so that it bears some resemblance to reality, No, of course not.


What difference does it make? :x



Great words by a great woman.


Without getting into Bengazi argument 2.0, and without equating Hillary Clinton to Trump, I simply feel compelled to state that we must agree to disagree on your characterization of HRC.

vebiltdervan
Posts: 19388
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:31 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby vebiltdervan » Fri May 18, 2018 9:54 am

WestCoastDore wrote:...even though etc., etc.,etc.,.... he is still the president...

Per this argument, Trump can break any & every law on the books, he can defy any & every portion of the US Constitution, and yet remain irredeemably president. I'm sorry, but once it has been shown that Trump has been altering US foreign policy for the express purpose of enriching himself & his his family personally, then the man per the US Constitution must be impeached. Irrespective of Mueller's findings. Irrespective (or rather precisely because) of the fact that he was elected president.

Trump defenders can debase themselves for the remainder of their lives, but they can cover up the truth for only so long.

User avatar
WestCoastDore
Posts: 2076
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: "I Can't Recall"

Postby WestCoastDore » Fri May 18, 2018 10:21 am

vebiltdervan wrote:
WestCoastDore wrote:...even though etc., etc.,etc.,.... he is still the president...

Per this argument, Trump can break any & every law on the books, he can defy any & every portion of the US Constitution, and yet remain irredeemably president. I'm sorry, but once it has been shown that Trump has been altering US foreign policy for the express purpose of enriching himself & his his family personally, then the man per the US Constitution must be impeached. Irrespective of Mueller's findings. Irrespective (or rather precisely because) of the fact that he was elected president.

Trump defenders can debase themselves for the remainder of their lives, but they can cover up the truth for only so long.


No, no, no, not even close. No one is willing to accept that Trump can violate any and every law on the books, etc, etc., and remain President. Until he actually does violate the law though, he is the President, no matter what wide scheme, association, etc., that CNN can feed their gullible masses.

I will also say, that as Bill Clinton proved, even violating the law may not be enough to get you thrown from office.

Sorry, but the anti-Trump accusations seem to be from the land of the absurd these days. So sad that they can't see the beam in their own eyes and help make America great again.



Return to “Black and Gold Coffee Shop”