Duvall....

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Crashdavis
Seaman

Duvall....

Post by Crashdavis »

......is getting screwed as it seems. Scott, Clarke started off hot, but have come back to earth. Seems as if the kid hasn't gotten much of a chance. I heard he had a concussion before the season started which may have put him a little behind but come on. 6 at bats. Really. Behind the plate is where I really think he's above the other two. Just very surprised. Didn't know what others thought. pressure to play older kid and local boy?

darthvaderbilt
Rear Admiral

Re: Duvall....

Post by darthvaderbilt »

struck out last night as a pinch hitter
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

I thought he'd be the starter for sure, but the concussion set him back and behind the others early.

That said, If you think Corbin feels pressure from anyone to play an older kid or a local kid, you have a really bad read on things. He's going to do what he thinks gives his team the best chance.
ScrappyDore
Captain

Post by ScrappyDore »

If we get one of the 2 catchers on to campus in next years class, Duvall will probably sink further on the depth chart. With the offense struggling, I am surprised he has not got a starting nod mid week.
Locked Previous topicNext topic