What SEC team is likely to surprise? Disappoint?

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

What SEC team is likely to surprise? Disappoint?

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

There's no contest for this--it's entirely subjective--but I'd be interested in hearing what teams (other than Vanderbilt) are likely to be this year's Texas A&M and which will be this year's Tennessee or South Carolina.

vandy05
Vice Admiral

Re: What SEC team is likely to surprise? Disappoint?

Post by vandy05 »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:59 am There's no contest for this--it's entirely subjective--but I'd be interested in hearing what teams (other than Vanderbilt) are likely to be this year's Texas A&M and which will be this year's Tennessee or South Carolina.
I think South Carolina is going to disappoint based on a lot of expectations. Their QB will let them down in big spots and they'll struggle to six wins tops. Book it!
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

I would say Auburn to disappoint, but I don't think their expectations are very high to begin with. So I'll go with UThug and possibly UGa. I think UThug will lose bare minimum three games this year (probably 4-5). I also think UGa is going to lose 1-2 games in the conference.

As for surprise, a whole host of options. Vandy and South Carolina top the list (look out for Carolina!). LSU would be up there if they weren't expected to be right there with Bama to begin with. Arkansas won't do too much, but watch out for that hogs offense. KJ Jefferson isn't getting much publicity this preseason, but he is veryyyyyyy dangerous.
Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Post by Dorewithaflare »

I say USC will be a big year, an Auburn will play poor.
Locked Previous topicNext topic