BetMGM has VU's over/under win total at 3.5 this year...

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

BetMGM has VU's over/under win total at 3.5 this year...

Post by BrentVU »

Here's what The Athletic's SEC experts say about that...

Seth Emerson: Do people realize Vanderbilt went 5-7 last year? Maybe Clark Lea takes a step back in his second year, but he might hit the over before September is complete with a schedule of Hawaii and Alabama A&M at home then Wake Forest and UNLV on the road. Yes, it could be 2-2, but then earning two wins against the rest of the SEC is not unthinkable.

Kennington Smith III: Confidently betting the over here. Lea has Vanderbilt on the right track, and the September schedule alone should give optimism for this win total.

Last year as I recall, the same mark was set for 2.5 wins, and Vandy had exceeded that total by the end of September.

If I were a betting man... personally I think there's a decent chance Vandy goes into October sitting at 5-1.

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: BetMGM has VU's over/under win total at 3.5 this year...

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Take my money...

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

I posted on this a month or two ago. I'm betting the bank on the over, although the payout has gone down substantially since as a lot of folks have taken advantage of this. I'm actually going to place a good size parlay with this as the centerpiece bet this weekend when I make all my preseason bets.

Also, I explained before betting on Vandy to win the SEC East. The current odds are +30,000. That isn't to win the conference, that is just for regular season East champ. Think about it: if there are a couple key injuries and new players for UGa, UT will take a big step down this year, UF no chance, UK will have a porous defense. The elephant in the room would only be USC. It's pretty far fetched, but at those odds I will take it given who we return and where we will improve (skill/depth).
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

BrentVU wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:52 am Here's what The Athletic's SEC experts say about that...

Seth Emerson: Do people realize Vanderbilt went 5-7 last year? Maybe Clark Lea takes a step back in his second year, but he might hit the over before September is complete with a schedule of Hawaii and Alabama A&M at home then Wake Forest and UNLV on the road. Yes, it could be 2-2, but then earning two wins against the rest of the SEC is not unthinkable.

Maybe I'm misreading what he's saying but surely one of the Athletic's SEC experts knows that this is CCL's Team 3?!?
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
Locked Previous topicNext topic